By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Canadian Launch...

It is strange the different behaviours in each country, here in Spain it is very strange to see people lining up for a game.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kingofwale

so I guess MGS4 isn't as "niche" a game as we PS3 fanboys were being led to believe here....

I don't even know people would lie up for the bundle, I mean, it's 500 BUCKS, not really a "impluse buy".

Also, I'm very surprised that Limited edition (20 bucks more) sold better than regular version. Those are definitely hardcore MGS fans.

Definitely not an impulse buy, but I think there were obviously a LOT of people putting off getting a ps3 until MGS4 came out and also people that were simply waiting because they wanted a backwards compatiable ps3.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DragonLord said:
kingofwale said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Kingofwale

so I guess MGS4 isn't as "niche" a game as we PS3 fanboys were being led to believe here....

I don't even know people would lie up for the bundle, I mean, it's 500 BUCKS, not really a "impluse buy".

Also, I'm very surprised that Limited edition (20 bucks more) sold better than regular version. Those are definitely hardcore MGS fans.

Definitely not an impulse buy, but I think there were obviously a LOT of people putting off getting a ps3 until MGS4 came out and also people that were simply waiting because they wanted a backwards compatiable ps3.

I think Sony was hoping their old 80GB bundle would last until now, but surprised to find out they got all sold out 4 months earlier.

now let's see what PS3 can do.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale
Did your store sellout of the 40gb ps3 too.

PSN ID: getrdone25

getrdone said:
@kingofwale
Did your store sellout of the 40gb ps3 too.

lol, no way, they are still there. I think we only sold about 2 of them this morning.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network

kingofwale, so you live in regina, huh? :)

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
kingofwale, so you live in regina, huh? :)

what? not even close.. I live in Ontario

selnor
Episode 2:

sorry, i thought that best buy store looked familar. my bad

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I got one form Best buy downtown today. They got tonnes left...

I ordered one from Amazon for 20 bucks less...but don't wanna wait so I got another one, and will return the amazon one to best buy. How clever is that?

disolitude said:
I got one form Best buy downtown today. They got tonnes left...

I ordered one from Amazon for 20 bucks less...but don't wanna wait so I got another one, and will return the amazon one to best buy. How clever is that?

not very, because they check the serial number?

@ameratsu. lol, it's not you fault, all bestbuys look exactly alike, it's their way of making customers easy to find their way around every store. (which I think is stupid). 

selnor
Episode 2: