By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT Review Of Metal Gear Solid

@Zenfolder

GTA IV is a joke so far I am disappointed....how did it get a 10 I'll never know

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Gnosis said:
People shouldn't be angered by the score. Soon we'll have scoring systems that work like:
And everyone will be complaining why the game didn't get 9.568

Does it really matter if the game didn't get 0.4 more than the score it got? They rated it down on things that can be disagreed on. Story, 8.7? Obviously the more hardcore fans of the game are gonna appreciate the story more and things like that. People who don't care about graphics so much can put that up to 10/10. All sorts of things that can change the final score.

It's over 9.0/10, people should be happy. It's gotten worse. My favourite game isn't rated 99/100 on metacritic. But I honostly couldn't care. Just enjoy the game and forget scores.

My favorite game of this generation is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. It scored somewhere in the 7's.

It is a very niche game. However, fans of the Fire Emblem series might find it to be one of their favorite games of all time.

I don't complain that the game got shorted on its score. Afterall it is very audience specific and I can see how a lot of gamers and reviewers could hate its pacing and balance.

Now, MGS4 is niche to a lesser degree. So, to MGS fans, it's likely to be the best game of this gen. However, I wouldn't knock reviewers for giving the game less than 10's because they aren't all MGS fanboys. It's not univerally loved and welcoming. It has a high barrier to entry. Its story requires you to play other games to understand it. That alone makes it a niche title. That alone lowers the overall score.

A perfect game must have the ability to suck anyone in, who plays it. Few games reach that pinnicle. That is one reason so many Nintendo games adorn the gamerankings list. They are very accessable. MGS isn't, despite the hype. Many purchasers of this game who are first time MGS players will be dissapointed. This game isn't gonna be the end all game for PS3 owners. It is, however, gonna be another amazing and perfect MGS game that fans of the series will die for.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Zenfolder

GTA IV is a joke so far I am disappointed....how did it get a 10 I'll never know

I gave it a 9.5/10. Don't diminish your opinions validity by calling it a joke. It might not be for you, but it is certainly a passable game at least. If I had it to do over again, I'd drop that down to a 9/10, but calling the game bad isn't gonna win you any credibility points with anyone who actually played the game to completion.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Zenfolder

it completely DESTROYS what GTA : SA did so well

the storys nice...

& calling it a joke in the sense it did not deserve all those 10's...I was actually supporting it at first but after playing it my vies has changed.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Zenfolder

it completely DESTROYS what GTA : SA did so well

the storys nice...

& calling it a joke in the sense it did not deserve all those 10's...I was actually supporting it at first but after playing it my vies has changed.

It certainly was over-rated, I'll give you that. However, I still think it ranks amongst the best games on the PS360 respectively.

I think the changes from SA were for the better, and this was the first game in the series that I actually liked. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

@Zenfolder

yeah maybe thats why.....I hope it gets better thoug as the story is really brilliant....but GTA was always about "do what you want to n you never get boreD"...thats all gone sadly.

anyways I might go n do some missions now....until MGS4 arrived by post anyway

Hey some info I found out:

Quote:
On December 19 2007, Viacom signed a five year, $500 million contract with Microsoft that included content sharing and advertisement.

And Guess what VIACOM also OWNS GAMETRAILERS !!!

So Who is still surprised..??

It's a good score.Not the best though,but i trust GT has integrity.

MGS4 rules baby!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot