By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS Midnight Launch: Just got back from Wal Mart

Aright, I'm gonna write this quick cuz I gotta play me some MGS! But there were 25-30 people in line and I was at the end. Wal Mart had 8 80gb MGS bundles and they all sold. When I left, there was only one copy of the game left. The PS3 launched back in November 2006 with numbers like this and they sold 3-400,000 systems that launch week. I'm expecting good numbers for the MGS launch.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

i just got back from walmart and there were about 45 people in line where i live.. i was in the middle of the line.. i couldnt tell how many copies were left but they were going fast.. when i was leaving people were getting worried they might not get a copy.. i didnt see any mgs bundles left... peace im off to play the game!!!!!!!!

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

god damn you lol,,I still can't play the game cause in canada the launch is in 10 hours,,,,,

very nice news indeed

local Gamestop in Jamaica queens NYC, about 30 people in line 8 bundles sold for midnight launch the rest kept for tomarrow as you had to be in line by around 11:30 to be ringed up for a bundle.

I was shocked there was so many in my hood willing to do a midnight launch.

too bad there wasnt a midnight launch around my area

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2008/06/metal_gear_solid_4_snuck_out_f.php

According to this blog its not a successful launch... wander which statement to accept.

Did you actually read that blog? It basically says that exact same thing URNotE and I said. Not massive crowds, but decent sized.

If I had to guess, based on the number of 80gigs WalMart had today compared to the number of 60gigs they had on launch, it sounds like Sony put out at least 200,000 MGS bundles and as many as 300,000. Actual copies of the game sold are probably 700,000.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I regret not being able to play this game.....I hope someone puts up the entire thing on youtube soon!

wfz said:
I regret not being able to play this game.....I hope someone puts up the entire thing on youtube soon!
 This is just so.....sad. 

There were about 40 at the Best Buy midnight launch. About eight people picked up the bundle from that group and Best Buy still had over a dozen bundles left. So... if you're looking for a bundle tomorrow, try Best Buy in the morning. They seem to have a pretty good stock of the systems.