By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4: The never ending line

So, I'm here in NYC at the virgin megastore line waiting for the midnight launch and Hideo Kojima's signature. With that said, this line is HUUUUGEEEE!! I got here kinda late (got out of class late) and the line spands like a full block and a half, and an avenue (if anybody have been to NYC, u know how long the avenues are). As of writing, there is 1hr left till midnight and the line is getting longer and longer (in the next couple of minutes, its gonna go to ANOTHER block). On my way to the back of the line, it took like 5-6 minutes of walking to finally get to the end. According to mtv, there was 200 ppl on line as of 4pm, and now it looks like its 500-600. I might be updating this as the night continues, but man, it looks like MGS4 is gonna be VEEERY succesful. (1.3 mil WW ATLEAST)

Around the Network

AT LEAST 1.3 mill WW confirmed.

have fun meeting kojima

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

congrats, i'll be picking mine tomorrow.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Oh man, 30 min left and some guy showed up dressed up as big boss from mgs3, with the zombie face paint and everything. He's posing, ppl are taking pictures, I don't even think he's here for the line, lol oh what a douche

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm going to have to skip the midnight launch. I ended up working a stretch of 24 hours in a day and a half with one gap of 8 hours in between shifts to sleep.

I'm going to sleep tonight, MGS4 will be there later in the day.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Take a pic. I want to see douchebaggery in action.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

you need to take some pics and post them later, i would love to see the madness.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Damn I didn't get to take a pic of the guy with the outfit and zombie face paint but I did get to take a pic of a bigger douche bag climbing the wall next to us LOL. I'll post it a lil bit later

5 min left, line is moving omg! :/ ppl going crazy behind me..... Aaaand the line has stopped LOL. I saw that happening