By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just got a Sega Saturn ^.^

Congrats on your saturn, it's the only sega console I never have owned, have fun with it!

Around the Network

Sounds like you got quite the deal there. Classics can be a lot of fun! Enjoy your new console.

No Radiant Silvergun :(

Lots of other winners in there, though.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Hawkeye said:
disolitude said:
I really hope saturn emulation picks up soon. Thats one thing that will make me buy a PSP again...
Otherwise, congrats on your purchase. I still suggest modding it to play all those games you want cause it will cost you way too much otherwise. If the saturn you bought has round buttons instead of the oval ones, its moddable.

If its moddable, I'll mod it. If not, I'll probably buy some of the games... rayman and astal for sure. Do you think that it is worth getting a light gun and a few light gun games if I already have virtua cop? and what good light gun games are there besides area 51 and virtua cop 2?

Not many rail shooters left. 

House of the Dead - plays well however it looks really bad.

Maximum...(forget the last part of the title) - like area 51, but worse

Rayman always I thought was ok...kinda trying to capitalize on the mascot craze at the time, but Astal is one of those rare gems. Infact I'll try and play it today, I could never beat the last boss.

johnsobas said:
Hawkeye said:
johnsobas said:
Hawkeye said:
ToastyJaguar said:
i recommend that everyone go on Ebay and pick up a Saturn, they are very cheap.

I still got mine from 1997 but it broke a few years ago and got a new one with 10 games for £30!.

Retro systems all the way.

If only Panzer Dragoon Saga was cheaper...

yeah, I know. How much do you think Dragon force and shining force 3 are worth?

Also, if I have Sonic R for GC, is it worth getting at $11 for saturn for collections sake?

Dragon force and shining force 3 are awesome games, well worth 50 or $60, probably not too much more than that. I personally owned both those games (sold them though). Even if for some reason you don't like them that much, you can sell them back at a similar price, these games aren't going down in price, only up.

I KNOW I would LOVE shining force 3- I love strpgs, and I had shining force dark dragon on my GBA. Even though it was a bad copy and couldn't save, it was very fun. Dragon force looks like a huge epic battle SRPG. very very cool. Hadn't thought about selling back. I bet I could buy Panzer Dragoon saga, gaurdian heroes, and chirstmas nights and then sell em back. I dont think ill buy albert oddessy though- that one looks like it might go down. If i buy shining force 3 and dragon force I wont sell em back!

yea guardian heroes is a must buy and it's less expensive than those other games, but I don't think christmas nights is that great if you already have nights. Though like i said you aren't losing much money by buying it and selling it. I would have to highly recommend shining force 3, dragon force, and guardian heroes. Those are probably the best games on the saturn.

I would resell gaurdin heroes and panzer dragoon... no way I am dropping $120-$150 on a game. Shining force 3 and dragon force look excellent, and if I can find them for $40-$55 I will probably keep them... I payed $50 for super monkey ball banna blitz and $50 for shadow the heghog (this way actaully pretty fun though)/... I am sure that dragon force is twice the game those two will ever be, so may be it is worth the $50 or so...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Hawkeye said:
disolitude said:
I really hope saturn emulation picks up soon. Thats one thing that will make me buy a PSP again...
Otherwise, congrats on your purchase. I still suggest modding it to play all those games you want cause it will cost you way too much otherwise. If the saturn you bought has round buttons instead of the oval ones, its moddable.

If its moddable, I'll mod it. If not, I'll probably buy some of the games... rayman and astal for sure. Do you think that it is worth getting a light gun and a few light gun games if I already have virtua cop? and what good light gun games are there besides area 51 and virtua cop 2?

Not many rail shooters left.

House of the Dead - plays well however it looks really bad.

Maximum...(forget the last part of the title) - like area 51, but worse

Rayman always I thought was ok...kinda trying to capitalize on the mascot craze at the time, but Astal is one of those rare gems. Infact I'll try and play it today, I could never beat the last boss.

Astal looks great and I will definatly buy it considering it is $7...

@Hawkeye if you just want to play a few games that are backups occasionally, there is a swap disk method for the Saturn. Just google for "Sega Saturn swap method". You have to be quick, and it is tedious, but at least it is free. You can mod the Saturn also, and it is supposed to be pretty easy.

mroseneo said:
@Hawkeye if you just want to play a few games that are backups occasionally, there is a swap disk method for the Saturn. Just google for "Sega Saturn swap method". You have to be quick, and it is tedious, but at least it is free. You can mod the Saturn also, and it is supposed to be pretty easy.

I am really bad at that sort of stuff. I would probably send in my saturn to some website to get modded for $40 or something...

Hawkeye said:
mike_intellivision said:

Is dragon force worth $55?

With the qualifier that I'm a total fanboy who's beaten the game at least three times with each ruler: yes. Yes it is. Although you could probably find it for cheaper if you wait for another auction: I ultimately got my copy for $30.

Daytona USA, I like your style! Good buy.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.