By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just got a Sega Saturn ^.^

Haha, I remember buying Panzer Dragoon Saga for $9 when the Saturn was going out of business. I sold it later for over $100. That said, I don't think it is that great of a game. 

If you really want to collect those games, then go for it. However, if you just want to beat them, I think you could get away with downloading them.

They are only that expensive because they are some of the only RPGs on the system. 

Your not helping SEGA out by purchasing them now anyways. 

Around the Network

I had the chance to buy a Sega Saturn with games and controllers for $20 at a garage sale a few weeks ago.

But I didn't. Because I am an IDIOT!

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

mroseneo said:

Haha, I remember buying Panzer Dragoon Saga for $9 when the Saturn was going out of business. I sold it later for over $100. That said, I don't think it is that great of a game.

If you really want to collect those games, then go for it. However, if you just want to beat them, I think you could get away with downloading them.

They are only that expensive because they are some of the only RPGs on the system.

Your not helping SEGA out by purchasing them now anyways.

I buy crap computers, so it will probably be 6-7 years (2 computers later than now) before I can emu them.  I was thinking of holding off on playing panzer saga and gaurdian heroes and shining force 3- the good, expenisve games- until then :/ 

That said, I do like collecting games. But $60-$150 is too much for old games. I would like to play games like Mario prg and Ogre Tactics and Ogre 64 and Shining force 3, but it costs too much. 

i recommend that everyone go on Ebay and pick up a Saturn, they are very cheap.

I still got mine from 1997 but it broke a few years ago and got a new one with 10 games for £30!.

Retro systems all the way.

If only Panzer Dragoon Saga was cheaper...

ToastyJaguar said:
i recommend that everyone go on Ebay and pick up a Saturn, they are very cheap.

I still got mine from 1997 but it broke a few years ago and got a new one with 10 games for £30!.

Retro systems all the way.

If only Panzer Dragoon Saga was cheaper...

yeah, I know. How much do you think Dragon force and shining force 3 are worth?

Also, if I have Sonic R for GC, is it worth getting at $11 for saturn for collections sake? 

Around the Network

I always wanted to get a Saturn just so I could play Panzer Dragoon Saga. I heard so many good things about that game.....

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
I always wanted to get a Saturn just so I could play Panzer Dragoon Saga. I heard so many good things about that game.....

Now is a good time. Panzer Dragoon goes for $180-$320 usually. There is an $100 copy on amazon right now in good condition. You can find a sega saturn no games on ebay for $25 eventaully. GO GO GO!

I really hope saturn emulation picks up soon. Thats one thing that will make me buy a PSP again...
Otherwise, congrats on your purchase. I still suggest modding it to play all those games you want cause it will cost you way too much otherwise. If the saturn you bought has round buttons instead of the oval ones, its moddable.

Hawkeye said:
mike_intellivision said:
Hawk

Play Clockwork Knight first before you decide if you want the sequel.
The mechanics are a bit strange, if I recall correctly.

Mike from Morgantown (proud owner of a Saturn and close to 300 games for it)

300 games! Thats alot!! I found about 40 games that looked inteeesting, but unfortunatly many were overpriced I think.

Is Shining force worth $60-$80?

Is panzer Dragoon saga worth $100?

Is dragon force worth $55?

Those three looked really reall good but pricy.

Also is Christmas NiGHTs worth the $40? looks quite fun but unnesicary since I have the original.

Not necessarily...most Sega games had a easter egg where when the date of the Saturn was on a holiday the game would change accordingly! If I remember correctly Nights was one of those games.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
Hawkeye said:
mike_intellivision said:
Hawk

Play Clockwork Knight first before you decide if you want the sequel.
The mechanics are a bit strange, if I recall correctly.

Mike from Morgantown (proud owner of a Saturn and close to 300 games for it)

300 games! Thats alot!! I found about 40 games that looked inteeesting, but unfortunatly many were overpriced I think.

Is Shining force worth $60-$80?

Is panzer Dragoon saga worth $100?

Is dragon force worth $55?

Those three looked really reall good but pricy.

Also is Christmas NiGHTs worth the $40? looks quite fun but unnesicary since I have the original.

Not necessarily...most Sega games had a easter egg where when the date of the Saturn was on a holiday the game would change accordingly! If I remember correctly Nights was one of those games.

Thanks! I'll set NiGHTS for dec. 25th when I get it and see what happens. I loved doing that in animal corssing for GC :D