By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 owners, JGarret here is getting a 360 along with several games, so...

Dead Rising (x3+)
Crackdown
Viva Pinata
Condemned 1/2

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon
Tales of Vesperia (when it comes out this early fall/late late summer)
all JRPGs

The list of games you are buying should last you 6 months...lol.

All of them are must buys though...except Kameo, which is pretty good too just not the same caliber as the rest. Halo 3, NG2 and Gears are my fave games on that list...but im an action fan.

You will have a hard time catching up with all the good 360 games considering how much good stuff is coming out this year.

Soriku said:
Why does everyone hate Kameo? Seriously. It's not a bad game (and yes, I've played it before).

Seriously I've been meaning to get that game for a minute now. I have played it as well and I like it. I want to end it before really making any judgement, but I always thought there would be a sequel.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
Soriku said:
Why does everyone hate Kameo? Seriously. It's not a bad game (and yes, I've played it before).

Seriously I've been meaning to get that game for a minute now. I have played it as well and I like it. I want to end it before really making any judgement, but I always thought there would be a sequel.

Everyone basically hates on Kameo because it's so short - you can run through it in less than 10 hours. I suspect the hate lingers from people who bought it along with their shiny new $400 360 and then finished it in a weekend. But, really, its a damn good game for that 10 or so hours. Not only does it take the Zelda formula and do something new and interesting with it, but it's also still one of the prettiest games on the HD consoles. (Seriously. It showcases what developers could do if they stopped trying to churn out gritty, drab, bloom-covered, let's-see-how-many-shades-of-brown-we-can-use garbage.)

Besides, you can find it for about ten bucks now. I wouldn't have bought it at $60, but that's a really good deal.

Oh, and I'll have to recommend against Dead Rising. I suppose you could have some fun with it if you like just finding new and interesting ways to slaughter zombies, but if you want to actually make progress in the game, you need to fight against annoying time limits and far-too-sparse save placement.

Oh, also: You NEED to play The Darkness. It's perhaps the most underrated game of this generation so far.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

God damn, i seriously gotta play dead rising, the guy at my local eb said "Don't bother"

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

rocketpig said:
Wow, a lot of people on this forum are picking up a 360. I remember a year ago where there were 2-3 vocal 360 owners and almost no one else supporting the console...
The games library is becoming harder for true gamers to ignore

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Soriku said:

Did you play it right through?  I loved it.  Im just worried it might not have sold enough to warrant a full-blown sequel

An awesome platformer with an actual storyline. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS