By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TOV or TOS; Which do you think will be better reviewed?

Words Of Wisdom said:

Tales of Vesperia.

Tales of Symphonia 2 will be weighed down by "sequelitis" plus the fact that it's building off of a mediocre game to start with.

You do know that ToS is the most successful title in thw franchise, right? 

Around the Network

i think TOV will be reviewed better,but it doesnt matter as long as there both good games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

lol...you guys crack me up.

Reviewers hating the wii...
Microsoft buying reviews...

Come on, atleast try to make relevant posts. Look at videos of the both games, compare features...etc

They both will get excellent reviews.

I predict the Wii version to get a nice review because of the Wii-Mote and the 360 version, well because of the achievements and its unique use of the X360 hardware.

disolitude said:
lol...you guys crack me up.

Reviewers hating the wii...
Microsoft buying reviews...

Come on, atleast try to make relevant posts. Look at videos of the both games, compare features...etc

You honestly think this doesn't happen?  Now that cracks me up.

Around the Network
vdoesntforgive said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Tales of Vesperia.

Tales of Symphonia 2 will be weighed down by "sequelitis" plus the fact that it's building off of a mediocre game to start with.

Offer an entire country of starving people canned spam and see if that doesn't become the most popular food around.

Tales of Symphonia is highly overrated because it didn't have much competition on the Gamecube.  You had what... a dreamcast port of SoA, Baten Kaitos which didn't even use a regular RPG battle system, FF:CC (I shouldn't need to comment on this if you've played it), a Megaman RPG, and a couple others.  Gamecube owners were STARVING for RPGs.  Tales of Symphonia filled that void on the Gamecube, but put it in the PS2 lineup of dozens of RPGs and watch it get slaughtered.

Words Of Wisdom said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Tales of Vesperia.

Offer an entire country of starving people canned spam and see if that doesn't become the most popular food around.

Tales of Symphonia is highly overrated because it didn't have much competition on the Gamecube. You had what... a dreamcast port of SoA, Baten Kaitos which didn't even use a regular RPG battle system, FF:CC (I shouldn't need to comment on this if you've played it), a Megaman RPG, and a couple others. Gamecube owners were STARVING for RPGs. Tales of Symphonia filled that void on the Gamecube, but put it in the PS2 lineup of dozens of RPGs and watch it get slaughtered.

How is that at all relevent?

Tales of Symphonia is the most popular in the Tales of series. Saying that it isn't as popular as any of the Final Fantasy's is beside the point.

vdoesntforgive said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Tales of Vesperia.

Tales of Symphonia is highly overrated because it didn't have much competition on the Gamecube. You had what... a dreamcast port of SoA, Baten Kaitos which didn't even use a regular RPG battle system, FF:CC (I shouldn't need to comment on this if you've played it), a Megaman RPG, and a couple others. Gamecube owners were STARVING for RPGs. Tales of Symphonia filled that void on the Gamecube, but put it in the PS2 lineup of dozens of RPGs and watch it get slaughtered.

Tales of Symphonia is the most popular in the Tales of series. Saying that it isn't as popular as any of the Final Fantasy's is beside the point.

Show me where I said that.

Let's see, which game will have the better graphics... ToV? Then that game will get the better reviews.

Words Of Wisdom said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Tales of Vesperia.

Show me where I said that.

"but put it in the PS2 lineup of dozens of RPGs and watch it get slaughtered"

Atleast that's what I'm getting from your post.

I don't know the specifics, but didn't ToS do quite well on the PS2?