By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally a USB Hard Drive for Wii?!?!?!?!?!

I much prefer that they just unlock the SD slot, so games and save files can be run straight off there. That way, I won't have to buy another peripheral. But since that has absolutely no chance of happening, I'll join the rest of you in hoping for a Hard Drive, because I'm already filling up the memory.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Daileon said:
I think that maybe they are considering an USB wireless headset.

Why not just open the bluetooth for wireless headset use?

Price maybe?

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

noname2200 said:
I much prefer that they just unlock the SD slot, so games and save files can be run straight off there. That way, I won't have to buy another peripheral. But since that has absolutely no chance of happening, I'll join the rest of you in hoping for a Hard Drive, because I'm already filling up the memory.
Sd cards are less expensive than usb hdds. I would prefer that they do both though. Sd for the people who don't want to buy another perepherial. Usb for the people who want alot of space for a cheaper price.

sc94597 said:
noname2200 said:
Sd cards are less expensive than usb hdds. I would prefer that they do both though. Sd for the people who don't want to buy another perepherial. Usb for the people who want alot of space for a cheaper price.

The less expensive part is why I prefer the SD cards (the fact that I already have some doesn't hurt). But from what I've heard, Nintendo fears this will make piracy easier, which is why we'll probably see a Hard Drive instead. It's a pity, but it's not like there's anything I can do about it.

noname2200 said:
sc94597 said:
noname2200 said:

The less expensive part is why I prefer the SD cards (the fact that I already have some doesn't hurt). But from what I've heard, Nintendo fears this will make piracy easier, which is why we'll probably see a Hard Drive instead. It's a pity, but it's not like there's anything I can do about it.

Actually per gb usb hard drives are cheaper.  You could probably get a 40gb usb hard drive for the same price you would pay for 4gb of sds.

Around the Network

I will not bash this as this is the first thing Nintendo may be doing this year that is worthwhile for gamers.

We need less Wii Fit and more stuff like this... Next on the agenda for nintendo, online play without Wii codes.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Why exactly does the Wii need this? It's not like the online service is anything more than garbage. VC games I guess?
Perhaps the lack of a hard drive (or rather a mass storage solution) is the reason it's "garbage"?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

brawl4life said:
damn it Tao you gave me hope with the title then crushed it when I read the article -_- . on another note Radioshack is having a sale on scandisk flashdrives right now bought a 2gb for $17.99 yesterday. They have 8gb ones for $39.99 too.
http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=flash%20drives&origkw=flash%20drives&sr=1

lol, no one comes to the threads i make unless its something about brawl. so i had to make the title some interesting

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Riot Of The Blood said:
Why exactly does the Wii need this? It's not like the online service is anything more than garbage. VC games I guess?

Riot, tone it down a bit. There's no need to call the entire service garbage.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It would be about time for more storage options, my Wii memory is full already, I had to delete Virtual Console games for the Mario Kart Channel and I'll never be able to clear enough space for the Wii Fit channel (106 blocks needed!)

Quick question : If I delete a VC game that has saves (like OoT), do I loose my save files or will they be there when I re-download the game?

Signature goes here!