By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 for $299 basically!

So I don't own a PS3, but lately I've been thinking of getting one...the more I think about it the more I see it as a system that would be a better choice in the long run over the 360.

After reading reports of the PS3 selling out so quickly across UK I decided to check Wal-Mart's website. I don't live in UK btw, I live in the US but I wanted to see if there were similar trends. I know that there is a MGS edition coming out and obviously that is going to sell out quickly...probably just so people can overprice it on Ebay.

But too my surprise I noticed that walmart.com is selling the 40 GB PS3 with a 100 dollar gift card for $399. So yea your still paying $399 for a PS3 but with that 100 dollar gift card you could use it on cables or a few games. Then you got yourself a deal! So I think if your teetering between getting one or not, now might be the time! Unfortunately I don't have the money for it, but I didn't see a thread about this and I didn't want people missing out if they are interested.

Enjoy!

Currently playing: Okami (Wii), The World Ends With You (DS), and Shenmue (Dreamcast)

Around the Network

yeah fuck new ps3 owners.

I paid $700 hard earned to get my PS3, i friggin hate seeing new PS3 owners get them for $299 ($399 - $100 gift card)

coolestguyever said:

I paid $700 hard earned to get my PS3, i friggin hate seeing new PS3 owners get them for $299 ($399 - $100 gift card)

I agree with you, that does suck. But wouldn't it be nice to increase the userbase either way?  

Currently playing: Okami (Wii), The World Ends With You (DS), and Shenmue (Dreamcast)

dvarca1231 said:
coolestguyever said:

I agree with you, that does suck. But wouldn't it be nice to increase the userbase either way?  

yeah that is true. Its just hard seeing people get them for $400 less than I paid.

Its just good to see the PS3 doing better.

coolestguyever said:

So your saying you want SONY to lose against Mircosoft and also less exclusives as development is expensive costs are high so they need the games to sell really well if exclusive. of corse exclusives like MGS and FF will sell like crazy either way

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:

Christ that is quite a difference. Me thinks you should have waited.

blazinhead89 said:
coolestguyever said:

So your saying you want SONY to lose against Mircosoft and also less exclusives as development is expensive costs are high so they need the games to sell really well if exclusive. of corse exclusives like MGS and FF will sell like crazy either way

Atleast MS doesn't screw over 360 owners unlike SONY with PS3 and Apple with the Iphone.

Well that's what you get for being an early adopter, sucker.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Well that's what you get for being an early adopter, sucker.

Poor people who went for the I-Phone so quick...

Former something....

Tell me when it's 200.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089