By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Game Development Team

This is sort of great, more comments and interest...

My thoughts....

We can make a Basic 2D engine for the first try, since we are at least 4 Java devs...

But moving on probably we will need a better and advanced game engine, since we are starting with 2D there is no big issue, but with 3D I recommend start with Blender GE and then move to JMonkey(Java) or Ogre...

Anyways, I will follow the trend...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I'm in the Game Development program at my university, but I've only done one year so far and haven't gotten into anything specialized for games yet (unless you count Creative Writing And Game Narrative). All I've had are general Photoshop, math, programming, etc.

I could do something in PHP, though :-p

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
obieslut said:
ssj12 said:
Rath said:
Puzzle platformer sounds alright by me. Does anybody actually have enough experience in flash to do that kind of work though?

We really do need some people who actually have the talent to make a game if anything like this is ever going to actually work.

the puzzle game wont be in flash, there are 2 people on our team that are planning on doing a flash game and havent stated what their plans are as of yet.

The 2D game will be a bit more advanced. We have the coders so why limit our abilities?

so what program is going to be used for the puzzle game

im no dev but it will be java/openGL based. I'm not 100% what would be best ask our fellow game dev dawve answer.

Question for you guys though. What are your opinions on Blender?

Um, are you planning for people to make their own engine? That's kind of a bad idea. Seriously, our best bet would be to start with someone like Scrolling Game Dev and move onto some 3D engine and just modding it.

Thats why I asked about Blender as its a full game engine and dev tool.

Still ya we will use the Scrolling Game Dev tool kit like you said.

1.  If you use GameDev just make sure to back up often.  It's free but it has a lot of bugs and quarks about it that definitely remind you that it's a free to use program.  Still though, free is never bad and it's a good thing to get everyone into the habit of working together.
  2. Is Blender free?  I had thought it was just a modeling tool too. 

Which RPG maker are we talking about? Any one available where you could insert your own original musical score?

I have thought about doing this for quite some time now but not sure which one would allow me to do such a thing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I'd actually be interested in helping with an RPG Maker XP project as I bought it a while ago but I just haven't had time to learn it. I'm about 1/4 through the GDD for the first game I want to make but I would love to work on a project with people for that.

Around the Network

Sounds nice and all, but I already AM a game developer =)

bardicverse said:
Sounds nice and all, but I already AM a game developer =)

Then you should help make this endeavor easier. Show us your support. :)

I had a project just like at QJ forums but unfortunately soon after people started bailing out. :(

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I wish i listened in computing class now :(.

So are we set on Game Production?

Maybe we should start on development.

Also, I have been thinking about some of the more popular games on the internet.

The Impossible Quiz, Bubble Struggle, Bloons, and Line Rider.

What I have seen is that they all use a very simple core formula. The Impossible Quiz, press the right answer. Bubble Struggle, pop bubbles, Bloons, pop ballons, and Line Rider, draw the course.

But the other things they use is a challenging design. Bloons, it can get hard in the later levels. Bubble Struggle 2, that is friggin hard later on, The Impossible Quiz 2, same thing. Line Rider has no set goals, but you are challenging yourself to make better courses.

I think we should try doing that. Wrapping a simple formula around a challenging design.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Is there any other roles we could play , like music , concept art production maybe ?