By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's face it: PS3 has potential to grow its userbase, 360 does not.

@Slimebeast,
and PS3 is getting MGS4 next week.
Then MANY great games coming to PS3 this year.

All what Wii is getting for now - ToS, FF4.
Wii sales will DECLINE, they already are in 40k-50k range, soon Wii Kart and Wii fit effect will gone, then what?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@Slimebeast,
and PS3 is getting MGS4 next week.
Then MANY great games coming to PS3 this year.

All what Wii is getting for now - ToS, FF4.
Wii sales will DECLINE, they already are in 40k-50k range, soon Wii Kart and Wii fit effect will gone, then what?

Yes, Wii is a fad, just like you and Leo-j always predicted. After june 12th Wii will sell no more, while PS3 will quintuplicate its sales.

But it's funny you're saying Wii sales have are just in the 40-50k range, because PS3 is selling in the 6-9k range and 360 is selling in the 1 - 1,5k range. Why would Wii sales decline all of a sudden? You need to check the release schedules for Wii in Japan, ToS and FF4 are barely a few of a lot of games coming. What does PS3 have in Japan for 2008 if I may ask? I mean games with a concrete release date, and please post the dates.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I disagree, 360 has a chance. 360 could pull out a $100 price cut this fall on ALL skus that PS3 would not be able to match... at least for a while. 360 I am not sure about EU, I think they have lost there, but they should be able to remain competitive. If 360 can finally get a foothold in Japan with all its jap games this fall PS3 will be stopped in Japan... so you never know.

Slimebeast said:
mrduckbear said:

Look at the PS3 in Japan, yes it's not so good now, but it has potential to grow it's userbase and compete competitively with the Wii even if it does take a long ass time to get there. It's only 3 million short of Wii's total, while the 360 is nearly 4.5 million short.

Nice spin. Trying to make the PS3 look good by comparing with a console you're calling dead.

Japanese sales in 2008 so far:

ConsoleWiiPS3
Japan

The Wii is outselling the PS3 4:1.

PS3 2008 Japan sales are higher than that and Yes, the wii is on top while the 360's dirt last.

PSN: NightStalker09/ SleepyK (Dual PSN Accounts)

"Don't mistake real hip hop with mainstream BS"- My damn self

I wonder if it was this thread that got mr bear banned...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Let's face it: the week before MGS4 launch PS3 sells less than 360 in America
Let's face it: Both 360 and PS3 are close to dead in Japan
Let's face it: FF13 is not going to sell 5 million PS3's
Let's face it: developers want RPG's on 360, otherwise they won't make them
Let's face it: GTAIV was a bigger success for Microsoft
Let's face it: Replying to CrazzyMan is like trying to stop a speeding train
Let's face it: wii will win this gen hands down
Let's face it: PS3 won't come anywhere close to 100 million
Let's face it: All three consoles have room for growth, otherwise next week's sales would be very boring
Let's face it: Microsoft did an outstanding job cooperating with 3rd parties
Let's face it: Most PS3 fans would love for all the 360 RPG's to be on their console
Let's face it: There won't be a PS2 this gen
Let's face it: Gamers are whiners

See, I can do that too. It's easy.

i´m a nintenboy but if i buy other console this is xbox360.
the ps3 havent good games. tales is best than metal gear for me. And xbox have blue dragon , infinity undescover etc...jrpg for me is best than gran turismo 5 and metal gear.

@ OP. Talk about Captain obvious. PS2 install base of last generation was over 120 million PS2 owners. a lot of potential.  PS3 sales are expected to pick up when MGS 4, FF XIII, GT 5 and God of War 3, etc are released. A PS3 price cut would help to further increase momentum. But catching the Nintendo Wii is impossible.

@ whoever made that comment : "How much MS is losing by giving the arcade+2paddle+GTA4+PGR4+Halo3 for 205 euros ??? "

that's not an arcade, it's a retooled Core system with no HDMI, basically getting rid of the stock after fixing the unsold cores to lower failure rate.
And it was a limited edition, it's sold out everywhere I have looked after one week it's been out (i got one though as this was ridiculously cheap... had a 512 MB card with geometry wars on it too).
So to answer, they are not loosing anything, the cores didn't sell much anymore and they gain storage space like that.

@ OT
sure the PS3 can cruise past 360.... if it gets it's 10 top exclusives now, not in 5 years after more delays. Where the 360 wins is that it actually has it's games available. And personnaly I think Halo 3 Gears Mass Effect Bioshock LO weigh more than just MGS4 even with the promisse of so much more....(sorry no hype on my side for other current PS3 only games)

And being a PC gamer... I have a 2 year old computer, it can't play 360 games (well in slow motion it can), I was gonna buy a PC for christmass in the cheaper end (600€) to play newer games, but with the cheap 360 bundle, i figured that the investment was smarter to go for the timed MS exclusives...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

anyone else think GT will do wonders in japan? cuz all i keep hearing is
"SQUARE" "SQUARE"