By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - S-E Producer: Star Ocean 4 on PS3 still undecided

I believe this game will never come to the western shores on PS3. Like pretty much all jrpg that were released as a timed exclusive, we have yet to see a western release on any of them. Eternal Sonata will not make it here on PS3.

Maybe japanese developers will earn a lot of money by accepting the money from Microsoft but by doing so, they are alienating themselves from their consumer over there.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
the support we've seen this far on 360 has been unproven franchises. Big franchises like this have built in fanbases in Japan that will basically buy the system to play the game. Granted many of them may sell it after that but i see some pretty big sales for the week this game is released in Japan.

I can't wait to see the sales for all these titles in Japan. If MS keeps this up we may see them get that elusive FF7 remake! That might crash the internet though.... 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

darthdevidem01 said:
And the JRPG devs are just as stupid, instead of feeding their JRPGs onto the viable platform for the Japanese market or *both*, they make it an exclusive for the worst selling. They're trying to create a stable environment for JRPGs and they're doing it on the wrong system. It's like everyone is in a cycle of making the worst business decisions for themselves, Sony barely trying and JRPG devs avoiding the next-gen system that could sustain them in their own country

The way the Japanese devs are sabotaging their own business just for a bit of upfront cash just seems insane to me. Microsoft must be spending some serious money over there since they're convincing developers to throw away hundreds of thousands of copies sold.

@Deviation59

I know....the ONLY REASON the JRPG genre is down this gen is because all of them are on 360

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Shameless said:
Solution: Sell your Playstations and buy a console with something you like.

Hate to state the obvious, but he's right.

Why are so many of you loyal to a company that keeps shitting on you? If you don't like what Sony is doing, sell your bloody console and buy something else or don't purchase a PS3 in the first place. That's how you punish a company for not living up to your standards.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I think at this point, Sony's gaming division is focused on profits. Paying for exclusives right now just doesn't rhyme well because it may not pay off. The game would be released eventally on PS3 with additional stuff. I choose to exercise patience instead of getting a new console.

I wonder how microsoft can keep funding all this projects with no real returns. Of all the JRPGS they've acquired, it seems like its only Lost Odyssey that could turn in a profit. PS3 still sells eight times more than 360 in Japan despite the fact that there almost no Japanese-style games on it. hell COD4 PS3 even outsold Lost Odyssey by the mighty Sakaguchi in Japan

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Goddbless said:
johnsobas said:
the support we've seen this far on 360 has been unproven franchises. Big franchises like this have built in fanbases in Japan that will basically buy the system to play the game. Granted many of them may sell it after that but i see some pretty big sales for the week this game is released in Japan.

I can't wait to see the sales for all these titles in Japan. If MS keeps this up we may see them get that elusive FF7 remake! That might crash the internet though....

Oh God, if this happened, it would be the greatest day of my life.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Internet, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Shameless said:
Solution: Sell your Playstations and buy a console with something you like.

Hate to state the obvious, but he's right.

Why are so many of you loyal to a company that keeps shitting on you? If you don't like what Sony is doing, sell your bloody console and buy something else or don't purchase a PS3 in the first place. That's how you punish a company for not living up to your standards.

Its not that easy. I have a back catalogue of PSone games that I still play. Parasite Eve 2 is my fav game of all time. Switching sides is going to render my collection useless so I can only hope that Sony succeeds and stick withthem just like Nintendo fanboys stuck with them during the tough times.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Deviation59 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
And the JRPG devs are just as stupid, instead of feeding their JRPGs onto the viable platform for the Japanese market or *both*, they make it an exclusive for the worst selling. They're trying to create a stable environment for JRPGs and they're doing it on the wrong system. It's like everyone is in a cycle of making the worst business decisions for themselves, Sony barely trying and JRPG devs avoiding the next-gen system that could sustain them in their own country

The way the Japanese devs are sabotaging their own business just for a bit of upfront cash just seems insane to me. Microsoft must be spending some serious money over there since they're convincing developers to throw away hundreds of thousands of copies sold.

Well, MS thinks it helps. As a result you're probably gonna see a lot more possible PS3 port-RPG's canceled or just released in Japan. Like Eternal Sonata for example. They will still have that western stigma over themselves. Only Dragon Quest or FF main series exclusive would help them or could make a real difference. But that would cost way too much money, even for MS.

it does make yo uwonder what SCEJ are doing though en it. i hope they have ben working on a game(s) that nobaody really knoews about and they are going to wow us with it at E3.