By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wii only owner looking into the 360...Have some questions!!

thekitchensink said:
Well, if colour is your only deciding factor between the Premium and Elite, I'd go for the Premium and get a black skin.

This, pretty much. You probably won't need the extra storage of the Elite, and the 360 HDMI cable is only worth the price if you plan on running a separate audio connection to some external speakers (the 360 HDMI cable includes a digital TOSLINK out port).

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Go for premium and get a black skin if you really want to - otherwise, be wary of the RROD because its happened to almost all my friends and its like stepping on a rusty nail - don't be upset to see a deduction of $6 bucks every month for the the online service AND be cautious of disc scratching

Try out Oblivion too if you like RPGS; it will grow on you

Also - you have a lot to look forward to :D

Understanding is the key.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
MaximusOptimus said:
Ok well i own Nes,Snes,Gen,N64,PS1,GCN,PS2 and a Wii (Also a PSP and GameGear and GBA). Anyway with the recent news of SO4 being on 360 plus all the other JRPG's it seems i will be getting a 360 instead of a PS3. Anyway what is the nest SKU to get at the moment and is there any solid news of a better more features SKU in the future?

I got the 20gb one that came with marvel/forza2.

I suggest getting the one I got cause it's cool, lol.

That said, I traded for mine, so don't know much about the, cept I think I got the "middle of the road" console and I can't see there being much more I could do with it, cept extra storage space that I don't really need right now.

My console is white. 

even if you couldn't get a console with the 2 free games, you CAN get the disc at EB games (or gamestop) for 20$, not losing much there....

I got a "One of the first ones that won't break in two months" xbox360. (october 2007)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Get the pro version its the best deal for your money

ELite!

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

Not trying to derail this topic, but I have a few questions because I am in the same boat. (A Wii owner that is looking at getting a 360) I just have a few questions.
1. What video codecs can it play? And is it possible to load new codecs if it is not a standard one?
2. How much is the online service?
3. How hard is it to remove the HD, copy the data to a larger (say 250GB) drive and reinstall it in the 360?
4. Does the 360 support wireless network connections like the Wii?

I am in the US for those that are wondering.

^^

2. About $4 a month
3. It voids your warranty to copy it to an external drive.
4. Yes, but you need a wireless adapter.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
^^

2. About $4 a month
3. It voids your warranty to copy it to an external drive.
4. Yes, but you need a wireless adapter.

2. Thats not to bad.  It cost me more to drive to work each day.

3. Too bad.  But am I correct that you can connect up an external HDD? (I have about 6 250GB drives laying around)

4. That is good to know.

Thanks for the info theKitchensink.

MaximusOptimus said:
Munkeh111 said:
Apart from the persistant rumour of the blu-ray one? I doubt it, but there will probably be a price cut in the US reasonably soon

Good news, is the Elite the best one?? How much does it cost now and how much is the rumored pricecut going to be?

I'm also a Wii owner who bought a 360 instead of a PS3 because the 360 just has many better games.

The Xbox 360 elite is $100 extra than the Premium and comes with a larger hard drive (120GB) and an HDMI cbale.  Unless you keep lots of stuff on your hard drive, the extra space isn't all that important.  You won't run out of space with saves, or with HD movie rentals (because they get deleted).   The HDMI cable is worth about $4.

The Elite is really not a good deal at all unless you need the extra space.

Yes, Xbox Live! requires you to pay for it for each user on your system that you want to play Xbox Live.  It's normally like $7/month or so, but if you pay for it a year in advance it's about $4/month.  It also doesn't have centralized servers, and don't expect match making to go as smoothly and quickly as it does with Mario Kart: Wii.  Look at the Xbox Live! top 10 if you're curious what kind of games are being played on Live.

Premium is an ok deal. I wouldn't go for elite as there is plenty of space on the premiums 20 Gb hard drive.

In reply to xbox live comments above...dont expect matchmaking as smoothly as mario kart but do expect stat tracking, in game chat, msn messenger, voice masking, and better skill matching in some games. Not to mention having most of your library be online compatible rather than 5-6 games. I have yet to play a game on the 360 that didn't have online leaderbaords.