By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like SO4 coming to 360 (almost confirmed)

@naznatips. why you got SO nervous about my speculations/PREDICTIONS? =))

@Majin-Tenshinhan, yeah, Good Luck with that. =))

@Slimebeast, E308 or TGS08,
well, Just 1 day ago you didn`t know where SO4 will be released first. So, it will be announced, soon or later.
But in some interview, Nomura said, that KH3 will be released on platfrom with BEST visuals - and that is PS3. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:
Now I'm confused.

Obviously CrazzyMan is pulling release dates out of his ass, but Kingdom Hearts 3 - what's the deal with that game? Is it confirmed for any platform? Rumoured?

Both wii and PS3 owners really really want it, and there have been ongoing arguements on what console it is going to come to for like 2 years, despite SE not having said anything

So there aren't even early screens out for the game? Do u personally like KH games?

DMeisterJ said:
I mean, seriously.

PS3 owners get Final Fantasy XIII. That will be the JRPG to beat this generation. And you get Versus XIII.

What's there to complain about?

This is worse than the Ubisoft Boycotters. Sheesh.

For the average joe.... yet is will.

For the average JRPG fan... not so much.

It will be one of a few groups of niche RPGs for each one. 

darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

Disgaei 3

which sold inline with previous ones

Disgaea 3 opened with 50K
Disagea 2 opened with 100K

Slimebeast said:
Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:
Now I'm confused.

Obviously CrazzyMan is pulling release dates out of his ass, but Kingdom Hearts 3 - what's the deal with that game? Is it confirmed for any platform? Rumoured?

Both wii and PS3 owners really really want it, and there have been ongoing arguements on what console it is going to come to for like 2 years, despite SE not having said anything

So there aren't even early screens out for the game? Do u personally like KH games?

Love'em, but there has been no mention of it. KH Birth by Sleep (PSP) and 365/2 days (DS) have been announced, but no mention of KH 3

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

Folklore is nothing like a JRPG

And FF13 will be the highest selling JRPG this gen.....unless DQ 10 (WIi i think) suddenly becomes huge in the west!!

Not counting Handhelds here

Sure ir is.  Lost Kingdoms on the Gamecube was considered a JRPG and Folklore completely ripped off Lost Kingdoms.

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Munkeh, it's just that the HDJrpg's aren't doing well on the 360 xD I'm actually happy that MS is trying to move some games down there, I have a feeling FFXIII and White Knight are going to be massive :D Games like Tales and SO4 for SURE will be on the PS3. All the RPG devs need is re-assurance on success, which I have a feeling they'll receive in spades.

Also keep in mind, almost every generation, Final Fantasy literally paves the road for RPG success, so don't rule out that games lasting appeal :P

Every generation it's been on the most successful platform.  That has had more to do with it then FF.

@Kasz, of course they've always been on the most successful platform :P I'm just thinking back to the days of PS1, what really kicked the RPG frenzy into submission, I mean I loved wild arms, but it wasn't that popular, FF7 hit, then PS1 became best console for JRPG's evar, same with the PS2, there wasn't anything massively popular, then FFX hits, and bam, PS2 becomes the best console for JRPG's evar, if FFXIII sells well enough, I wouldn't put the fact that PS3 owners want JRPG's out of the question, as many people have already assumed that the PS3 would be the JRPG console, and I have a feeling RPG's go where people will buy them lol.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Kasz, of course they've always been on the most successful platform :P I'm just thinking back to the days of PS1, what really kicked the RPG frenzy into submission, I mean I loved wild arms, but it wasn't that popular, FF7 hit, then PS1 became best console for JRPG's evar, same with the PS2, there wasn't anything massively popular, then FFX hits, and bam, PS2 becomes the best console for JRPG's evar, if FFXIII sells well enough, I wouldn't put the fact that PS3 owners want JRPG's out of the question, as many people have already assumed that the PS3 would be the JRPG console, and I have a feeling RPG's go where people will buy them lol.

I think honestly your confusing things. It's not like FF7 came out then a bunch of games were suddenly put in development. Those games were already in development, it's just FF got to the market first.

It's not like Final Fantasy games sparked a huge interest in JRPG not named Final Fantasy.  The explosion of it's popularity has mostly stayed contained within the series... with most people fine gettings just their 3 Final Fantasy RPGs a generation.

shams said:
rukusa said:

Million said:

What the fuck is SCEJ doing.

Im thinking the same. The saturation of JRPGs on the PS3 is ridiculous.

I swear to god they just keep missing the opportunities again and again and again...

... fuck this. I always wanted to play Gears of War, Dead Rising and much other shit on the 360. Even if this proves not to be only on the 360 I'll still be getting one.

For Sony's sake I hope they show some mega good shit on their E3 and Sony premiere event to make keep my PS3.

From the looks of it Sony is about to lose one of their biggest supporters.

Show me Parasite Eve sequel on the PS3 ONLY and I'll consider Sony "saved". Fuck you SCEJ.

I'm not sure you guys understand Sony, and how their strategy has changed over the last couple of years. This is factual, and I'll summarize:

- Sony sick of profits going up/down (SCEE division) so much

- Sony jealous of Nintendo, huge profits - minimal risk

- Nintendo's strategy - make money off "1st-party" software, rather than just publishing fees & hardware

- Sony adopting Ninty's strategy:

- picking up lots of dev studios, all in-house

- making lots of "big" games in-house, intend to be a BIG publisher (content) in their own right

- screw 3rd-party devs, too much headache - not enough profit

And that is basically it. Sony are moving from a hardware company to a software/content company (like Ninty is). This  means they don't care about 3rd-party devs as much, and definitely won't be giving them the love they used to.

MS *is* the new Sony - because the only way they can break into the industry, and stay here - is by "buying" titles for their platform. Be assured MS is shelling out a lot of money for each title you see - because they will make the money back, and because money << titles (as far as MS are concerned).

And it was also well known what.. 3-4 years ago...? that the primary aim of the 360 was to weaken the Playstation brand (Sony's living room domination). They don't have to win, just bring Sony down to a level that they can compete successfully in the long term. Seems to be working pretty well.

Its also a sign of maturity (or lack of) of the readers here that they CARE about exclusives. Who cares, honestly? The PS3 will almost certainly get SO4 - so who cares if they 360 gets it as well? Enjoy the games you get, and be happy that more titles are going cross platform (i.e. Bioshock).

The days of a single platform dominating (PS2) are well and truly over. 

Except they started doing that at the beginning of LAST generation.  So far this gen, they've only picked up Evolution Studios.  Most of their big purchases happened over the previous two gens (Naughty Dog, Zipper, Incognito, etc.).