By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like SO4 coming to 360 (almost confirmed)

@Kas

its not JUST about making money

Japan has chose Wii...END OF

THey are locking out the audience by doing this

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Thats the sad thing it won't so ANYTHING to HELP 360......

M$ is basically KILLING the PS3 by stealing these JRPG's......nothing else

this isn't an attempt to GET POPULARITY FOR THEIR CONSOLE......as that aint happening

its just to HALT the PS3.....& wii to a certain extent.

Does it hurt the PS3. I mean... hypothetically if it wasn't for 360 giving them massive money for timed exclusives... perhaps these developers might move over to the Wii?

Where there is a much bigger japanese userbase... then both HD consoles combined.

I think it is certainly making people delay their PS3 purchase until FF XIII, but basically every jRPG fan is going to want to get FF XIII. As we know the name FF means great sales

I think you're confusing JRPG fan with FF sales.

Some JRPG fans certaintly love FF.... but a very larger number of hardcore JRPG fans(from my expierence, the majority) have no interest in FF13. Having lost faith after 7, 8, 9 or 12... depending on your fan.

Final Fantasy games do great sales because the Final Fantasy brand name wins over the casual JRPG fans.

Dragon's Quest is more the big "hardcore" RPG following. 

darth,

wasnt u going to stay away from these forums for a couple of days?

Honestly it's tiresome to see you spam every damn X360-thread.

@ kasz, thanks for the clarification, but the fact is that the FF fans will also play these other games, and so these being on Ps3 would boost its numbers considerably with XIII looming in the background

@slimebeast

Twesterm saved us from disaster yesterday night.

Nobody's spamming anything. I'm just expressing my concern for the genre & its fans as whole......especially its fans in Japan who may miss out on SO4 if its 360 exclusive.

Around the Network

Hmm...

Anyone notice that there is no news from Mistwalker? No Cry On, LO 2, BD 2??? Did they only invite Square Enix and Namco or is this a sign of trouble?

darthdevidem01 said:
@Kasz216

There IS a big userbase for Wii bigger than both combined

If these were on wii EACH ONE was million seller to a 2 million seller

If they were on PS3 EACH ONE was above 800K to 1.5 Million

Now that they are on 360 they won't pass 500K......if they're lucky they will do 600K at most. or completely BOMB like Blue Dragon.

These developers are locking out their old audience and not going for the console of choice in Japan! the Wii!

Maybe.  Maybe not.  There really hasn't been a big RPG on the Wii yet.  So i'm not sure you can really conclude that the JRPG base has moved to the wii...

It's very likely.   However it's also possible they are still mostly holding on to their PS2s.  What with the PS2 still getting quality RPGs like Persona 4.

I mean Dragon Quest Swords "kinda" counts... and while Wii seems like the best bet because of it... and the masive userbase advantage.  If I were a JRPG maker i would probably still stick till PS2... MAYBE PS2/Wii multi platform unless someone like Microsoft paid me.

I think JRPG makers are hestiant about the Wii because motion controls really do nothing for JRPGs. 

EaglesEye379 said:
Hmm...

Anyone notice that there is no news from Mistwalker? No Cry On, LO 2, BD 2??? Did they only invite Square Enix and Namco or is this a sign of trouble?

Microsoft would be stupid to abandon Mistwalker at this stage as they're finally starting to get a semblance of a following. I certainly hope their isn't any trouble in paradise.

rukusa said:

Million said:

What the fuck is SCEJ doing.

Im thinking the same. The saturation of JRPGs on the PS3 is ridiculous.

I swear to god they just keep missing the opportunities again and again and again...

... fuck this. I always wanted to play Gears of War, Dead Rising and much other shit on the 360. Even if this proves not to be only on the 360 I'll still be getting one.

For Sony's sake I hope they show some mega good shit on their E3 and Sony premiere event to make keep my PS3.

From the looks of it Sony is about to lose one of their biggest supporters.

Show me Parasite Eve sequel on the PS3 ONLY and I'll consider Sony "saved". Fuck you SCEJ.

I'm not sure you guys understand Sony, and how their strategy has changed over the last couple of years. This is factual, and I'll summarize:

- Sony sick of profits going up/down (SCEE division) so much

- Sony jealous of Nintendo, huge profits - minimal risk

- Nintendo's strategy - make money off "1st-party" software, rather than just publishing fees & hardware

- Sony adopting Ninty's strategy:

- picking up lots of dev studios, all in-house

- making lots of "big" games in-house, intend to be a BIG publisher (content) in their own right

- screw 3rd-party devs, too much headache - not enough profit

And that is basically it. Sony are moving from a hardware company to a software/content company (like Ninty is). This  means they don't care about 3rd-party devs as much, and definitely won't be giving them the love they used to.

MS *is* the new Sony - because the only way they can break into the industry, and stay here - is by "buying" titles for their platform. Be assured MS is shelling out a lot of money for each title you see - because they will make the money back, and because money << titles (as far as MS are concerned).

And it was also well known what.. 3-4 years ago...? that the primary aim of the 360 was to weaken the Playstation brand (Sony's living room domination). They don't have to win, just bring Sony down to a level that they can compete successfully in the long term. Seems to be working pretty well.

Its also a sign of maturity (or lack of) of the readers here that they CARE about exclusives. Who cares, honestly? The PS3 will almost certainly get SO4 - so who cares if they 360 gets it as well? Enjoy the games you get, and be happy that more titles are going cross platform (i.e. Bioshock).

The days of a single platform dominating (PS2) are well and truly over. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@Kasz

lets see.......Tales Of Symphonia 2 comes out this month

if it outsells its predecessors (it better do) then ALL JRPG support I hope will move to wii