By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time to change our minds on Ipod gaming?

Apple recently announced the 3G Iphone AND a huge price cut.

As of next month, an 8gb 3G Iphone will retail for $199 and a 16gb for $299 (US dollars)

Currently, the 8gb Ipod touch is $299 16 gb $399 and 32gb for $499

The Ipod touch is essentially the Iphone with all phone components removed. It must be sold for less than the equivalent capacity Iphone, as it doesn't have a single feature that the Iphone lacks

I am predicting that as of next month

8gb Ipod touch $150

16gb Ipod Touch $250

32gb Ipod Touch $350

64gb Ipod Touch $450

If this does happen, can the Iphone get in on some significant marketshare action?

If they do, will this decrease sales of the DS? will it decrease sales of the PSP? or will it simply expand the market

Around the Network

price cuts and various models.. sounds like alosing model... wait it is a losing model .. (Looking at you PS360.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

That iPhone is gonna sell like fucking hotcakes. They really are a nicely developed product. As far as gaming goes, not sure how that will turn out on it. The 3G network definitely helps.

Having powerful hardware or not is not enough to sell games and games devices.
PSP should have told you that. It isn't even a gaming device, and if it were to become one, I see it failing badly.

no i dont think it will slow down DS sales

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

N-Gage - nuff said

Oooooh, I want an iPod touch :3 Can't wait for the price drop.

Also nah, I don't think it's gonna lower any sales^^;

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

There must be some kind of catch, like you have to sign up to a specific provider for 24 months.

Why was I tricked into this thread?

All I'm seeing is prices and Gigabytes, nothing about games.

JaggedSac said:
That iPhone is gonna sell like fucking hotcakes. They really are a nicely developed product. As far as gaming goes, not sure how that will turn out on it. The 3G network definitely helps.

They are easy to use and that's about it.  The features are lacking much like all apple products, the only plus is that the masses can use them easily.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title