By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Wii] Call of Duty 4 Wii Edition can it still happen

First of all you guys know that there was some info going around about how the Wii version of cod 5 will look like.

It will use a modified cod 4 engine and be made by treyarch themself with a different team.

So why I think we can see a cod 4 Wii edition.

- Treyarch likes Wii Infinity Ward clearly said they don't so they never wanted to make a cod 4 Wii.

- Treyarch is using a cod 4 engine for the Wii meaning the can use the same assets from cod 4 for the Wii version  and use the engine they made for cod 5.

- Activision can't be unhappy with there products on Wii ( I have to admit they made some pretty decent stuff)

If done right Activision and Treyarch would have the first modern time Wii shooter available ( the rest is all past or future) with the Wii zapper (possibly packed in ) and online this would be a truefully large selling game.

So what do you lot think are the changes of us getting a cod 4 wii edition made by Treyarch.

I say it's about 78% possible. But won't be released before cod 5.

Around the Network

I'd say it's 0% possible.

epsilon72 said:

Thank you for your input and why may I ask.

I like it when people never explain why. 

You're saying that Activision will release Cod4 on the Wii AFTER they release CoD5??? That...is...just...

-98.111.2.2.34857%

Why release CoD4 while they're working on five?

CoD4 has sold extremely well, and it's not done, what would be the point of putting it on the Wii, besides "The hell of it".

Around the Network
densiyrex said:
epsilon72 said:

Because it would cost a lot of money to port, and they're likely working on another project by now.

DMeisterJ said:
-98.111.2.2.34857%

Why release CoD4 while they're working on five?

CoD4 has sold extremely well, and it's not done, what would be the point of putting it on the Wii, besides "The hell of it".

COD 4 wii would be the ONLY modern time shooter on the Wii. While COD 5 would be yet an other WOII game which we got plenty of on the Wii.

That alone would be a reason for me to buy the game.  

No because they are just wasting time going back and remaking the game. It was only so great because IW made it so good, and I also dont think that Call of Duty 4 would be so good without the HD because it adds greater immersion and that helps with many of the moments in the game, making them more moving

epsilon72 said:
densiyrex said:
epsilon72 said:

Because it would cost a lot of money to port, and they're likely working on another project by now.

Why?

The got the engine of cod 4 running for 5 they only need to port down the assets ( maybe lower resolutions )

and they got it running?

Even then it would bring the enough money if you added some bonusses like different levels ect. 

Again let me say:
It would be the only Modern time shooter on the Wii and the only modern time game that would come close to a mouse and keyboard setup.