By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Saints Row 2 be a better game than GTA IV?

ultraslick said:
minicook said:
BottledSpringWater said:
Grand Theft Auto keeps a more "serious" side to it, as opposed to Saint's Row.
Saint's Row likes to keep things in a dumbed-down ridiculous fun.

I was just disappointed how GTA4 took away features that were in previous GTA's
And it seems that Saint's Row 2 isn't taking away anything from the first.
Oh, and the production value of Saint's Row is no way near GTA4's.

That "serious" side of GTA sucks some fun out of the game. And Saints Row is way more up beat

not dumbed-down.

Saints Row 2 = GTA IV killer

And by the way _xBrawlx_ make that $200$.

Really?

Outside of the gaming community, nobody even knows what Saints Row is.

Moms,dads, aunts, uncles have all heard of Grand Theft Auto.

For Arguments sake, lets assume that SR2 will be better than GTAIV in every way, (which it wont)- it still would not matter. Grand Theft Auto can not and will not be dethroned- Therefor nothing will ever be a GTA killer until the GTA franchise is done forever. 

First of all I dinnt say it will be the downfall of the franchise I was stating that it will totally own that game. Secondly parents think these games are a violent mess anyways. And finally Saints Row is known to be the game that got the closest to even scratching the wonder that is Grand Theft Auto. But I also have a feeling that in the next gta saints row feud in the sequals, GTA willcome out on top and improve on the lack of fun value in GTA IV.

Around the Network

@OP: God, let's hope so...

^why you didnt like GTA4?
but in reviews i think it will fall short,they will call it a GTA clone,and dock points off of it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
^why you didnt like GTA4?
but in reviews i think it will fall short,they will call it a GTA clone,and dock points off of it

I agree with you here. And yes, i did like GTA but this edition took out almost all of the customisable options, the airplanes and all the fun stuff (except the hookers). And instead took a more serious approach.

But it also brings originality to the game. Even GTA copied some things from them. Such as the cellphone and the taxi ability.