By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Apple WWDC going on now!

Real GPS

GPS is built in. Location services “is going to be a really big deal.” “It’s gonna explode.” They get location data from cell towers, Wi-Fi and GPS. Using GPS data, they can do tracking.jobs is showing someone driving down Lombard street—that really squiggly street in SF—and the dot for his location squiggles around as he’s driving (it’s a recorded video).

Around the Network

GPS and 3G confirmed.......... along with native MS Office/iWork support.... god damn I need one of these

200 BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And White!!

$200 for the 8 gig? @#$%^& YES

KEYNOTE is over..... OMG that was awesome. I'm stilling waiting for 10.6 talk though...

Around the Network

July 11th, 199 8gb, 299 16gb.

So very sweet.

Meh, 10.6 is under NDA... awesome details about the iPhone though. I will try to get one this xmas or my next birthday

Ok! I will defnitely buy my second Iphone. good price.... then I might buy a Mac that comes with a free Ipod touch.... Wow!

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

$199? Christ. Too bad I'm stuck with Verizon for another year...

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Looks very nice, there were rumours of an iMac with a table that you could slide into the shell to use as a desktop at home, then take a portable on the move, which would be awesome