By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rate your consoles and handhelds

NES 10/10
SNES 9/10
N64 6/10
GameCube 7/10
Wii 6/10 (this is hard to evaluate at this time)

SMS 5/10
Genesis 9/10
Sega CD 3/10
32X 2/10
Saturn 6/10
Dreamcast 6/10

Playstation 1/10
Playstation 2 3/10

Atari VCS 8/10
Vectrex 7/10
Intellivision 3/10
Colecovision 4/10
TurboDuo 8/10
Neo-Geo AES 7/10
CD-i 1/10

GBA 6/10
DS 7/10
Game Gear 5/10
TurboExpress 6/10
Atari Lynx 6/10

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
OooSnap said:
"7. Jaguar: 0.00001/10 "

Hahaha. Was the Jaguar that bad?

It pretty much failed in every way possible as a console. It had the ugliest design of the generation, a controller more suited for a toy car, a game selection so poor that you wouldn't even know it exists, and a man advocating it who could easily be qualified for the village idiot.

genesis ......10
n64............10
ps2 ............9
x360..........8.5
ps3 and psp........8

Sega Genesis: B+
So many great memories, including my favorite game of all time. However, my gaming diet was quite limited (Sonic, Sonic, and erm... more Sonic.) but still, some of the best gaming moments I've ever had.

N64: A
The Nintendo 64 was a haven for platformer junkies like myself. With titles such as Mario, Banjo, and Donkey Kong, It was a match made in heaven. Also, the jump to 3D and 4 player multiplayer wowed me like never before. Kudos to other titles like Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Bros.

GameCube: A-
The GameCube allowed all of my Nintendo fantasies to come true, well, most of them (I'm looking at you Assault). With titles such as Prime and Wind Waker holding the 1st party fort and Time Splitters and Resident Evil 4 holding down the 3rd party base, life was pretty good.

Wii: A-
The Wii is the perfect console for me right now. Now that college has taken over my life I've been having less and less time than ever before. However, Wii has plenty of games that are extremely fun from the start. And if I do find myself with a weekend to spare, there are excellent games for that as well. I'm really finding myself having a lot of fun with Wii, and it can only get better from here. Right?

DS: B-
I've been using this handheld less and less as time goes on, but for what it's worth, there have been games that have stolen countless hours from my life (It's a love/hate relationship with Diamond). When Sonic Chronicles and Order of Eclesia comes out, that'll be my first DS purchase since buying Phantom Hourglass one year ago.

GBA: B
This is where I've caught up with the past Mario's, Zelda's, Metroid's, and other titles re-released from the SNES to the GBA. And this is where my love for Castlevania (or Metroidvania, whatever you prefer to call it) began as well. Some great moments on this handheld, but nothing really special.

PC: B
I've never prioritized PC gaming, and because of that, I've always been playing catch up. I've always gotten a game a year or two after it was released, and by that time, the next great installment was out. In fact, the only game I was on top of was WarCraft III, and I definitely had a great time with that one. Once again, my PC diet isn't very healthy, it's pretty much been Crafts and Roller Coaster Tycoon. Still, these are some great games and I'm happy I was able to play them.

PS3 - 8.5 Once more good games are out look for it to be a 9+

360 - 8.5 Hasn't broken yet, About the same as PS3 imo. I don't like Gears, or Halo 3 that much so it doesn't get a higher mark

PSP - 6 I don't care much for it, plus its currently broken

Around the Network

SNES: 9/10
NES: 8/10
GC: 8.5/10
Wii: 5/10
XBOX: 7/10
XBOX 360: 9/10
DS: 8/10
GBA: 9/10
GB: 9/10
DC: 9/10
Neo Geo: 7.5/10
Neo Geo Pocket Color: 7/10

N64: 7.5/10

PS1: 9/10

heres a more broken down rating:

PS3

Overall: 9/10

Graphics: 10/10

Games: 7/10 (can only get better)

Online: 9/10 (less lag than XBL imo)

Controller: 9/10 (its always worked for me)

Conclusion: Its a great system, best graphics, okay games, but great future games. Good online, and well made controller. Although no sixaxis is fine by me.

Overall: 9/10

Graphics: 9/10

Games: 7.5/10 (because i don't like gears, and halo 3 is just okay)

Online: 9.5/10 (more lag than PSN, but still good, and makes up for it in features like in game dashboard)

controller: 9/10 (has its pros and cons)

Conclusion: If you put aside the technical failures, its a great system with nice graphics and fun online. My only suggestion is get more good exclusive shooters. Can't keep milking Halo forever. Gears is a start in the right direction since its a new IP.

PSP

Overall: 6/10

Graphics: 9/10 (great for a handheld)

Games: 3/10 (weak game library)

Online: 0/10 (i could never get online with my wifi, while i can with my PS3 and my iPod touch, doesn't say much for PSP)

Controller: 2/10 (dual joysticks would do wonders)

Conclusion: Nothing wrong with the system itself. But theres hundreds of things they could do different on the PSP2. Dual Joysticks would make FPS games fun. Get some more good games. I don't know if its my wifi, or the system, but i'm not impressed (especially since my ipod touch picks up the wifi).

GBA-6/10
PS1 9/10
PS2 10/10
Wii 7/10
X360 9/10

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

PS3 9/10 (Would have been a 10 if it had BC)

psp 8/10 (9 if it had longer battery life)

ps2 8/10 ( Loved the god of war series amongst others)

ps1 8/10 (Introduced me to the great world of final fantasy)

x box 8/10 ( The most powerful console of last gen but didn't have the games to compete with the ps2 overall)

Sega mega drive/genesis 8/10 (my first console which i loved favourite games being sonic 3 and streets of rage 3)

edit- PC Gives me my RTS fix and allows me to play impproved versions of 360 games. Favourite game of all time is Starcraft and Heroes of might and magic III.

A numeric score for a system? How very... odd. I don't think I can go back to that sort of mentality, to be honest, so I'll go for pros (+) vs. cons (-) instead. That better illustrates my own values for systems versus what a simple numeric score would tell you.

NES:
+ Plenty of games I like
+ Easy-to-use controller
+ Fast load times
- Controller is uncomfortable to hold

PS1:
+ A solid library of games I like
+ Relatively easy-to-use controller
- Long load times
- Unreasonably small storage space for save files

PS2:
+ Many games I like on it
+ Relatively easy-to-use controller
- Blatantly an incremental upgrade of the PS1
- Long load times

Wii:
+ Plenty of games I like on it, and more coming
+ Very easy-to-use controller
+ Usually pretty quick load times
- Memory space for save data and channels is a bit small

DS:
+ Many games I enjoy, more coming too
+ Long battery life; rarely goes out on me sooner than 8 hours
+ Well-made and convenient controls
- Not as portable as the GBA SP

PSP:
+ Decent library of games I like
+ Workable controls that have few major issues
- Low battery life
- Long load times
- Not as portable as the GBA SP

In case it wasn't made clear before, these are based off of my values. So if you don't agree, don't panic. That just means that your values differ from mine, and that's quite normal.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.