By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dualshock 3 Still not in Europe.

Its been out in Japan since 07 and was released in NA since April 08. Why oh why does Europe still not have Dualshock 3? Any Ideas? P.S sorry if there was already a thread about this, im new to VG Chartz :D

Around the Network

Yes, of course I have an idea: as already mentioned in another thread, Europe is Sony's garbage dump for surplus Sixaxis controllers. The European customers are the means to conveniently empty the storehouses without having to scrap anything. But if DS3 was already out in Europe no one would buy Sixaxis controllers anymore. That's why we have to wait (until the storehouses are empty).

Right, Fuck sake Sony Screwing around with their biggest market for PS3 ( but then again, thats maybe why they are doing it, to get rid of sixaxis asap) but still not on.

For me, a PS3 purchase just cannot be justified until I get DualShock 3, backward compatibility and a significant price drop.

Here in Australia, the PS3 is:

-$US600 (AFTER accounting for taxes)
-40GB without BC ONLY
-Comes with Sixaxis ONLY

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
For me, a PS3 purchase just cannot be justified until I get DualShock 3, backward compatibility and a significant price drop.

Here in Australia, the PS3 is:

-$US600 (AFTER accounting for taxes)
-40GB without BC ONLY
-Comes with Sixaxis ONLY

There is ment to be a FW update in october to make the 40GB BC, and Dualshock 3 well dunno whenever the stock of sixaxis runs out as mentioned. as for Price Cuts we'll have to wait and see. BTW I got My 60GB PS3 in OCT 07 with 2 games and 2 Sixaxis for about 350 pounds, so I dunno what that is in Dollars

Around the Network

damn -- surely DS3 will be released in Europe soon - i mean their even out here in Australia ...

Well in Europe they have release a double pack of SIXAXIS for like £40 (RRP of £35 for 1) so they are clearly trying to get rid of stock

Munkeh111 said:
Well in Europe they have release a double pack of SIXAXIS for like £40 (RRP of £35 for 1) so they are clearly trying to get rid of stock

thats good to know, that will deplete sixaxis supplies much quicker

And that SUX.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

We can still import it, quite easily