By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - M&S combined 6.58M sales and still going - what next for this duo?

Since the next game would surely come out after the Beijing Olympics but before the 2012 Games, the next game would have to be called "Mario and Sonic do 'Roids and Train for the Olympic Games!"

Of course the tag line would be: "Now with motion controlled ass injections!"

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

I have seen a game cause so many poster to each so much crow, myself included. I never expected the game to do near this well and when the Olympics are actually hear its like to shoot up the charts again.

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics. I hope they have a platformer though........or a mario and luigi type game........with just mario and sonic.

Who was the guy that said the game will do 4M LTD and we all laughed at him?
I think it'll spike again when Olympics comes around and will tripple his prediction.

Me said:

just looking and M&S still sitting at numbers 11 & 12 in ww charts, racking up combined sales of over 130,000 last week.  The Wii has sold 4.5M and DS has sold over 2.08M with no signs of slowing any time soon, Sega will be delighted by this as all Sonic games have been greeted on the Wii with decent success.

Do you think Sega / Nintendo will have any other plans for Mario and Sonic - if so what do you think it will be? 

I wouldn't be at all suprised if there was a hint or sneaky announcement at E3

Hopefully a good game this time.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

a RPG with platforming elements with characters from both worlds, a new and intriguing plot, and developed by nintendo, or some other good company(not sega please!)
now that would be a real sonic & mario game

EL_PATRAS said:
a RPG with platforming elements with characters from both worlds, a new and intriguing plot, and developed by nintendo, or some other good company(not sega please!)

It would be called Mario & Sonic the adventures of the great bankroll "I blame Wiifit edition"

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

i can't imagine anything outside of a mini/party game collection (only because i assume they'd require every game with both to also contain all the characters from their worlds.. which is easiest to implement in mini/party games)

EL_PATRAS said:

How about EA?

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Venji said:
EL_PATRAS said:

How about EA?

No way, EA would make a bollox out of it, and I dont think they'd be interested anyway.  I love to se it done by bioware or bethesda, or even intellingent systems(based on the paper mario series, but with more realistic and serious grphics).  Im sure someday it'll be done.