By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yay! Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Japan preorders at 150k!

Retail or consumer pre-orders? Just asking but whats MGS4 pre-orders in Japan?

TheSource makes us guess. :( He is offline after that post

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Looks like preorders topped out at ~203k...

If those are customer preorders I will qutie happy since I predicted 196,000 first week and I won't be too far off.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Its the reported preorders by customers (gamers), listed by a Japanese retailer scaled up for its market share. So if there were 10 preorders at a store with 1% market share, then I would place the game at 1000 preorders for Japan as an example.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Damn, epic beat down in that video.

The guy Datschge is a huge Sakuraba fan, I know him from STC. If that info is from him, I believe it. Besides, Sakuraba was confirmed at least by that video celine posted. You can tell his style a mile away.

The videos are really good. I like the music, too, and the voice acting is excellent.

Anyway, here goes hoping (again) that the localized version keeps the Japanese track (and have subtitle). They can even put every other characters to speak English as long as they leave Marta. I don't care.

Actually... that probably wouldn't work very well, either...

*become anxious*

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Kenology said:
Damn, epic beat down in that video.

The guy Datschge is a huge Sakuraba fan, I know him from STC. If that info is from him, I believe it. Besides, Sakuraba was confirmed at least by that video celine posted. You can tell his style a mile away.

True that lol. "I'll face Heaven's judgement if I have to!" (that's the translation of what he said before he punched him) *PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH* LMAO. Btw, I saw a vid of Richter and Emil fighting (or maybe it was training?) but it was in a cutscene. Zelos comes out of no where, throws his dagger at Richter, he blocks it, cue Zelos theme :P I'll try to find it.

I kinda wish that they would show the guy's face being punched, and not only after it was punched...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Soriku said:
TheSource said:

Its the reported preorders by customers (gamers), listed by a Japanese retailer scaled up for its market share. So if there were 10 preorders at a store with 1% market share, then I would place the game at 1000 preorders for Japan as an example.

I see. Good news then. What are your first day/first week sales expectations?

Well, I expect 100K first day and atleast 140-150K first week

So...

We should be expecting it to be above 200k right? Right?!

Wii60+DS owner

Long Time Nintendo loyalist

There is a new TV ad for TOS2 in japan. This will be BIG I tell ya :P

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35592.html#comments_top

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:

Retail or consumer pre-orders? Just asking but whats MGS4 pre-orders in Japan?

TheSource makes us guess. :( He is offline after that post

This is what the Source say in Japan Preview 6-8 ". Next week however will certainly be more interesting for the PS3, as Metal Gear Solid 4 preorders are closing in on 210,000 units" so ToS2 is only 7k behind MGS4.

Source: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1277