By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Attn Multi-console owners: WHo else is giving up on wii?

after playing everything i wanted to play on the Wii i find myself wanting more and more to ebay it and get myself some PS3 game money, is that wrong?

Around the Network

It always seemed to me that KobeBeef was Leo-j, but that's just me.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

What are you excited for Zen? I'm not trying to be difficult and it is easily possible that I just haven't kept up with the Wii's goings on as it's not my main console so I'd love your input on it.

starcraft said:
11ht11 said:
starcraft said:
I dunno. Brawl is still yet to come out in my country, but after that.........
  • MADWORLD
  • conduit
  • fatal frame
  • spyborg
  • moster hunter 3
  • fragile
  • tenchu iv
  • call of duty 5
just to name some games :)

Maybe. But Madworld is unproven, at this point the conduit is just a pretty face, and MH3 is very Japan-centric (i'm not even sure it will come here).

And of course, I'll get CoD5 on the 360.

On that list, I'm only really interested in Tenchu, but it better be better than TenchuZ.

I'll look into Fatal Frame.

Come on brother. You can't even kinda get away with that sort of rubbish. By that logic, all unreleased games are unproven. Madworld is from the creators of Godhand and Okami, and its trailer looks amazing.

Alan Wake and Too Human both look fantastic, and they are unproven too. I can't wait for them. Killzone might be proven to suck, but Killzone 2 is being touted AAA by the same developers I might add, and many have it in their sig.

I'd say Madworld is one of the least "unproven" upcoming games on any system.

You just used that weak rubbish to try to marginalize the game, and I officially call you on it. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

trestres said:
It always seemed to me that KobeBeef was Leo-j, but that's just me.

lulz, he's made two posts and you're declaring him leo-j?

Everyone on this site except me sucks at witch hunting.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
What are you excited for Zen? I'm not trying to be difficult and it is easily possible that I just haven't kept up with the Wii's goings on as it's not my main console so I'd love your input on it.

The game I'm most excited for it Tales of Symphonia 2. I loved the first game, and it was one of my favorites on the Gamecube.

The second game is Fragile. I've only seen screens but from the description, I think that game has great potential.

The third game is Madworld, it looks like a superviolent game from the makers or Okami, which was a fantastic game.

I also can't wait for Fatal Frame IV, Suda, one of my favorite developers is working on that game.

I could generically list the Conduit and Tenchu, but I won't. Who cares about those games honestly. That's 4 solid games coming to the Wii that I really care about this year. That's 1 more than the 360 and 1 more than the PS3. I recently posted on this, I'll see if I can pull up the link here from my upcoming games list.

EDIT: Added recent comments:

Now, you have to look at a few things though. The 360 has more great exclusives, from my point of view. Do they, combined, equal up to MGS4, Verses, and FFXIII? That's for each individual to decide.

We've already estabilished that the 360 has a better and more Japanese-centric back-catelog. Now we have to look at what the future holds with real, substnative games.

Let's leave out the lesser non-FFXIII JRPG's and just say that the 360 certainly has an advantage there considering Eternal Sonata's Japanese only announcment.

For 360 you have:

Ninja Gaiden 2 - It's freakin' Ninja Gaiden 2. I've seen the gameplay video. This is a game worth owning a system for, I don't care if it just looks cool to people who you show it off to. This is an impressive game and deserves condiseration. Sure, it's got an 8.2 gamerankings average. Radiant Dawn's average is in the 7's for the same reason. Didn't evolve enough, meaningless flaws, ect.

Too Human - Yeah, I'm not so hip on this game, but the developers are pretty great. So I'm not gonna LBP it just yet. It has potential

Fable 2 - Yeah, so I liked Fable. It wasn't as bad as hate filled fanboys make it out to be. It's actually a really accessable WRPG, and that says a lot.

Alan Wake - This game is the game that I want more than these other 360 games combined.

All of these games are pretty huge. We can skip Gears of War 2, because imo Gears of War 1 sucked. That's just the harsh reality of my opinion. I literally was sickened while playing that game, by how bad it was. The shooting was worse than GTAIV, frankly, and the game centered around said shooting. I came to the realization that this game is "good" because of graphics and hype, about halfway through. It's all about being cool, and not about being good. The VA sucks, BAD. The main character is the bad guy from Darkwing Duck. Literally. The story is non-existant, and the game is just a piss-poor copy of RE4 with multiplayer. It's one of the worst "next gen" games I've played so far, and I've played plenty. So screw the sequel.

Halo Wars, crap, Halo Chronicles, crap.

For PS3 we have:

MGS4 - MGS2 sucked, bad. MGS4 however, looks to be based off MGS3 which was amazingly badass. Good stuff.

Final Fantasy XIII - It's the next single player final fantasy game. It is simply a must own.

Final Fantasy Verses XIII - See below

Now, I'm leaving off 3 games that will probably be above average, but if you didn't own a PS3 you probably wouldn't give one crap about ever playing them. Little Big Planet. I just love the idea of playing a game engine with user-generated DLC as my campaign mode. NOT. Resistance 2 which is a sequel to an alright game, so who really cares. It's not exactly reinventing the wheel... and Killzone 2, which is a sequel to a terrible game that should have never been made, and can kiss my ass. GT5, until it gets damage modeling, is dead to me.

For those who don't know, VS 13 is an alternate version of FFXIII made by the Kingdom Hearts creator. Apparently two developers withing Squeenix wanted the project, so they split into two teams and are each making their FFXIII the way they have it envisioned. Awesome.

Certainy the PS3 has some great titles lined up. There is no doubt that the 3 I mentioned are better than the 4 360 titles.

HOWEVER, the 360 isn't lacking titles. I would say that due to Alan Wake's potential badassness, it is right up there with the PS3's lineup, which includes 2, count em 2 new Final Fantasy numbered titles and MGS4. Alan Wake IS that badass. Just watch the trailer and know that Max Payne 1 and 2 are still my two favorite PC games.

So that's my wrapup on announced games, from my perspective.

What gamers are the exact opposite of myself? Well if your most anticipated games include Resistance 2, Gears of War 2, or Killzone 2, then you might be in said category.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'll look into those, thanks much.

starcraft said:
11ht11 said:
starcraft said:
I dunno. Brawl is still yet to come out in my country, but after that.........
  • MADWORLD
  • conduit
  • fatal frame
  • spyborg
  • moster hunter 3
  • fragile
  • tenchu iv
  • call of duty 5
just to name some games :)

Maybe.  But Madworld is unproven, at this point the conduit is just a pretty face, and MH3 is very Japan-centric (i'm not even sure it will come here).

And of course, I'll get CoD5 on the 360.

On that list, I'm only really interested in Tenchu, but it better be better than TenchuZ.

I'll look into Fatal Frame. 

Madworld, isn't proven , but the developers are.

The conduit is suppose to have online and local multiplayer, and may turn out good, but it doesn't seem too different from all of the other fps'''''''.

I would get coD5 on the wii for better controls, unless the online is amazing. 

It should be it's made by the original developers

Please do it's probably the best on the list.

What about the other games?

Edit: Also MH3 was confirmed to target the U.S more. I don't see how it will do that without being released in the U>S

@Okey, while leo was banned, he appeared out of nowhere and commented on the news section. He was always anti-wii, just search for his comments and you'll see some common things with leo.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Okey, while leo was banned, he appeared out of nowhere and commented on the news section. He was always anti-wii, just search for his comments and you'll see some common things with leo.

It's true, but I think Leo-J had better grammar than this guy.

NO NO, NO NO NO.