By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Call of Duty 4 Map Pack launches on PC, completely free

This is actually a couple days old, but I just downloaded it lol.  I thought I'd inform those who didn't know.  The CoD4 map that launched for the 360 earlier this year has just launched for the PC, and it's completely free.  Courtesy of Nvidia apparently.  http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52938

Around the Network

Yeah, downloaded it on Wednesday.

Have you tried out the new maps yet? Killhouse and Chinatown are pretty awesome :)

too bad i dont own it on pc :'(

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

damn it, i knew i should have got the PC version, i payed £6 for the maps on PS3

PS360ForTheWin said:
damn it, i knew i should have got the PC version, i payed £6 for the maps on PS3

PC version of CoD4 also has a much higher server cap (up to 50 people if we want).

Around the Network

I traded in my PC copy of COD4 and got it for the 360, Prestige Mode had me sold! Has that been brought in yet on the PC with 1.6?

naznatips said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

PC version of CoD4 also has a much higher server cap (up to 50 people if we want).

yeah i might just get it for PC after a price drop

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yay for PC gaming! Now I just need to get the game.... Maybe I can get it for cheap when I pick up MGS4 this week.

MrMarc said:
I traded in my PC copy of COD4 and got it for the 360, Prestige Mode had me sold! Has that been brought in yet on the PC with 1.6?

No.  Prestige Mode is your consolation prize for the higher price, lower graphics, far lower server cap, lack of the Winter version of the Crash map, and costly DLC.  But hey, if giving up all that was worth having a little star next to your name everytime you restart from lvl 1 more power to you.  

I just got done playing Broadcast with Benkenobi.  It rocks. I get a distinct Goldeneye feeling while playing it.

naznatips said:
MrMarc said:

No. Prestige Mode is your consolation prize for the higher price, lower graphics, far lower server cap, lack of the Winter version of the Crash map, and costly DLC. But hey, if giving up all that was worth having a little star next to your name everytime you restart from lvl 1 more power to you.

I just got done playing Broadcast with Benkenobi. It rocks. I get a distinct Goldeneye feeling while playing it.

Honestly I actually prefer it on the 360 to the PC, I don't know it's extremely rare for me to prefer a predominantly PC FPS on a console but with COD4 I get a much more enjoyable experience.

I think it's partly down to XBox Live though, finding any kind of a decent community with the PC version is pretty difficult, absolutely no one bothers to talk or use headsets. Plus sometimes the lower server cap proves it's worth - play a 32+ man game on Shipment and try telling me it's fun - you absolutely cannot! ;)