By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Call of Duty 4 Map Pack launches on PC, completely free

BenKenobi88 said:
papflesje said:
funny how it says "free", when maps, guns and stuff like that used to be free all the time... how times have changed

Not for PC gamers...nothing's really changed.

I think his point is that it's kinda sad that publishers get away with charging console owners for stuff that they should be expecting to get free.  To be fair, Xbox Live started it.  So blame Microsoft lol.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I'd get Steam for sure...the automatic updates combined with the Steam Community overlay makes it great for chat. edit: I forgot you can use the Community overlay even if you buy a non-Steam game anyway.

Except for today I guess...the overlay causes the game to crash. ಠ_ಠ
Should be patched within a few days though.

You can have the overlay in a non-steam game. Just add it to steam. I was pretty late in discovering this, but it's a cool feature. Automatic updating is a great advantage for steam though. The other advantage is that you're giving a lot more money to the developer than you would buying through retail.

Wow, I just added Battlefield 2 to the Steam launcher and being able to have the overlay is pretty sweet.

IllegalPaladin said:
naznatips said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I'd get Steam for sure...the automatic updates combined with the Steam Community overlay makes it great for chat. edit: I forgot you can use the Community overlay even if you buy a non-Steam game anyway.

Except for today I guess...the overlay causes the game to crash. ಠ_ಠ
Should be patched within a few days though.

You can have the overlay in a non-steam game. Just add it to steam. I was pretty late in discovering this, but it's a cool feature. Automatic updating is a great advantage for steam though. The other advantage is that you're giving a lot more money to the developer than you would buying through retail.

Wow, I just added Battlefield 2 to the Steam launcher and being able to have the overlay is pretty sweet.

Yeah, I was playing WoW with it on earlier... never thought I'd be playing WoW with the Steam overlay.  Very cool feature.

they are all good maps

Here is some screenshots of the new maps (I took them myself)

Chinatown

Broadcast

Creek

Killhouse

I love them all, Creek gets on my nerves a bit though.

Around the Network

Sorry, on FireFox, has my other account password saved, they were taken by me.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Are the ones on PS3 and 360 free also?

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

nope, you have to pay for them.

I like the server selection screen on the PC much better than the join system on xbox live. Sometimes its fun to play with more players and sometimes its fun to join small games 2vs2 to 5vs5. I like having the options to see all the games being played with how many players are in them, the server options, the map, etc.