By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1.05 million PS3s sold in Europe.

Blue3 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Blue3 said:
Kytiara said:
Therefore, until something official and verifiable comes out, you can't assume VG is wrong.

lol yes you can, vg numbers are guesstimates.

And as far as we know, so is this source. It explicitly says to wait for confirmation, which means its an approximation at best, a guesstimate at worst.

yahh ha sure, but if the numbers were lower the vg all of you would be screaming for vg to fix their numbers.

I do not favour any console over another.  However, you trying to justify raising VG numbers based on unsubstantiated numbers from "insider" reports doesn't help your case.

Around the Network

To Sony (and for that matter MS and I think now Nintendo) shipped = shipped to warehousing (eg. away from the production plant) sold = sold to vendors. I expect that is what this internal source means.
And Blue, the 5.5Mil shipped number was worldwide I believe, not Europe only.

Also Blue, the new console specific forums arent limited to fans of those consoles only. Just because Sony news and information solely is to be featured here doesnt mean it is solely the domain of Sony fanboys, other people still can contest things.

Rath said:
To Sony (and for that matter MS and I think now Nintendo) shipped = shipped to warehousing (eg. away from the production plant) sold = sold to vendors. I expect that is what this internal source means.
And Blue, the 5.5Mil shipped number was worldwide I believe, not Europe only.

Also Blue, the new console specific forums arent limited to fans of those consoles only. Just because Sony news and information solely is to be featured here doesnt mean it is solely the domain of Sony fanboys, other people still can contest things.

Absolutely. Otherwise I could go to the Nintendo forum and say stuff like: "Fact: Sony has lost and is leaving the games business. Sell your PS3s now before it's too late! Nintendo wins!"

If you contest the factual basis of this claim, or request evidence to support such a theory, I will simply insist that Sony fanboys aren't allowed in the Nintendo forum. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

@Blue3... Since when is there a Sony forum?! Since u guys get dissed out all the time or what?!... U'r overreacting! Always bashing everyone who doesn't agree with u.

Well: Sony always sees sold as sold to retailers!... So this might as well be 0.95 sold to people in real life (Since all shipped PS3's are on storeshelves ....)

And... The source! WTF?! something inside Sony... Yeah right.... And Nintendo sold 60 mil cube according to a drunk Nintendo insider!... Pfff!

Then explain to me this:

1) Why are all PS3's sitting on store shelves?! Don't tell me Sony is making TOO much of em ...

2) Why are stores reporting low Hard/Software sales for PS3.

3) Why are the Hardwarenumbers above Software numbers with 50% in Japan?!

Btw: Not trolln here! Blue3... U asked for this post: Everyone (and mods) just look at the provoking posts he makes in this forumtopic:

'nice trollin, get lost on the way to the wii forum ?'

'its the sony forum, you cant handle it get lost. '

A little overreacting, aren't we?!... Sony forums... Pfff! There's no such thing... U think ur boss here or what?!

THE NETHERLANDS

These people basically have it right Blue3...just because it's the Sony forum, doesn't mean people aren't allowed to contest what you say...no forum is a "say whatever you want" forum...this is a forum to talk about Sony...good or bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Sony critics have just as much right to be here as Sony fanboys. If you can't handle it, too bad.

Oh no, you don't. This is his turf. Haven't noticed how territorial he is since the inception of the branded forums?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

The 100k difference is because a Saudi prince just bought them all and cemented them together as a house for his pet dog

KruzeS said:
FishyJoe said:
Sony critics have just as much right to be here as Sony fanboys. If you can't handle it, too bad.

Oh no, you don't. This is his turf. Haven't noticed how territorial he is since the inception of the branded forums?

well i question why wii fanboys who hate the PS3 post so much here.

take a look, the sony forum has more posts then wii/360 i guess every one wants a PS3 but for differant reasons they cant have one.

Blue3 said:
KruzeS said:
FishyJoe said:

take a look, the sony forum has more posts then wii/360 i guess every one wants a PS3 but for differant reasons they cant have one.

Or Nintendo fanboys aren't making claims that need to be criticized and reformed :p

If the Nintendo forum had a good number of threads with false or misleading information that simply screamed  to be corrected, you'd see more threads and/or replies, I think. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Blue3 said:
KruzeS said:
FishyJoe said:

Your claim of 'everyone wants a PS3' is completely ficticious as I think even you realise, for different reasons a large number of people prefer the other consoles claiming otherwise merely gives the impression of being desperate.

People posting here against this post dont necessarily 'hate' the PS3, even avid fans of the PS3 should be concerned as to whether the numbers are indeed sold to consumers and not inflated by Sony. I personally dont hate the PS3, I dislike the X360 more than the PS3 indeed (as does nearly everybody where I live, for some reason my city has a vendetta against MS) I just think that for a site primarily concerned with sales we cant accept every 'inside source' as a rock solid source otherwise we would have 50 different sets of sales.

Check out NexGenWars for example, a MS source once said 10M sold on the X360 and now they are about a million out on the thing.