By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Looking for PC RPG recommendations

Here's a few PC RPGs I've already played and how I rate them to get an idea:

• KOTOR (never liked Star Wars so I hated it)
  • Morrowind (I liked the 'sandbox' gameplay but the combat wasn't deep enough for me)
  • Oblivion (preferred Morrowind because the dungeons actually meant something and the environment was less bland)
  • Mass Effect (good, but looking for a fantasy style instead of Sci-Fi)
  • Baldur's Gate (pretty good)

Specifically, I'm looking for WRPG games in a fantasy style - no shooting. Also I'm not looking for recent games because my PC isn't particularly good; I'd prefer games released around the time Morrowind was released and before (2002). Finally I'm not looking for an MMORPG, so don't recommend me WoW or anything.

Thanks in advance.

Around the Network

Icewind Dale

Planescape Torment

Two Worlds

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@ darth:

Also I'm not looking for recent games because my PC isn't particularly good; I'd prefer games released around the time Morrowind was released and before (2002).

you could try Gothic 1&2.

Around the Network
papflesje said:
@ darth:

Also I'm not looking for recent games because my PC isn't particularly good; I'd prefer games released around the time Morrowind was released and before (2002).

So are you a Shameless clone? You replied as if you were him...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
papflesje said:
@ darth:

I think he was trying to point out what Shameless had written, since darth suggested a game from 2007.  papflesje just didn't include quotes so it is a bit confusing.

Crazzyman says:

"FFXIII will sell over 10 mln. don`t worry."

"FFXIII is ONLY possible on PS3.
it`s not a multiplatform, because the game is NOT possible at THIS quality on any other platform." (Posted on 7/13/08)

"SMG in best case will reach:
1.1. mln. in Japan
2 mln. in Europe
3.9 in Usa
maximaum +200k in every region. =]"

Oyvoyvoyv said:
papflesje said:
@ darth:

Reading comprehension, it's a skill ;)

I never played it but I heard Planescape:Torment was awesome

Anything by black isles. They were and still are the undisputed kings of pc RPG's. Black Isle RPG's make Bioware games nearly insignificant in comparison.

Also, Arcanum by Troika, so buggy but so so awesome.