By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Looking for PC RPG recommendations

not sure if your PC will be able to handle it, but The Witcher is one heck of a game, a must for RPG lovers. Otherwise, There are the Might and Magic games.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

Around the Network

The wizardry series is pretty good as-well. good luck finding them though.

You like old style turn-based RPG?
If you want a solid character development & battle system that actually requires thinking (unlike hack n slash action) try out Wizardry 8(made in 2001).
Yeah, its not the most known series but I and people that played it consider it a diamond in the rough.
The setting is pretty cool too, its a mixture of Fantasy, Magic and Sci-Fi elements but this game is all about character development and battles.
Give it a try if you're tired of 'today's RPGs'

http://www.gamespot.com/video/374906/2829122/wizardry-8-video-review

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Wizardry 8 sucked badly. It was just completely out of date and league.

Icewind dale is very similar to baldur's gate and pretty good.

Anachronox is awesome. Get this. JRPR combat + noir + comedy + Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy + awesomeness = Anachronox.

Around the Network

planescape was definitely one of the best if you look at the story.
Baldurs gate/icewind dale series are ok
neverwinter nights series is ok too, 2nd part betetr than the first in my opinnion

future releases i am looking forward to
mainly drakensang atm (http://www.drakensang.com/)

I think we should just save people some time and just recommend every black isle title. They were masters of their craft may they rest in peace :(

# Fallout (1997)
# Fallout 2 (1998)
# Planescape: Torment (1999)
# Icewind Dale (2000)
# Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter (2001)
# Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter - Trials of the Luremaster (2001)
# Icewind Dale II (2002)

Bioware have been going down hill since BG2 unfortunately.

Another RPG that should be tried is Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader it uses Fallouts special system and is set is Barcelona and it features everyone from Da vinci, to Machiavelli to Nostradamus and the inquisition! The first half of the game is pretty much as good as the genre gets, unfortunately it devolves into a hack and slash game that really diminishes its charm :( But it was still worth a playthrough.

SilkRoad online =D

Ultima Underworld 2