By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Before bedtime: For those that thought Banjo 3 wasn't a platformer.

I have played the Mario Kart on Wii and the one on SNES and not once during the game was there anything other than racing. I also don't remember any boss fights.

Around the Network

I don't see why their referring to it as a platformer makes it so. This isn't really a case closed thing at all.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Maybe he means Diddy Kong Racing. I think I remember boss fightish stuff in those games. But maybe now.

Rath said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rath said:
I think a more realistic accusation than racer is that BK3 is a kart game like CTR or MK. Those are both more racing centric than BK3 but BK3 appears to have more in common with them than with traditional platformers.

Oh and of course it doesn't mean the game is going to bad, just a disappointment for the old Banjo diehard fans who were hoping for another Banjo-Kazooie, not for Banjo Kart.

Mario Kart is a racing game!!!!!!!!!!!
BANJO IS NOT A RACING GAME, NOT ALL THE VEHICLE STUFF IS RACING

Mario Kart is a kart game. It does have a lot of racing in it but there are a lot of other things too, like boss fights and such. 

I know that BK3 isn't going to be nearly as racing centric as MK is but it still has a lot more in common with it than the first two Banjos in my opinion.

What % of MK is racing, like 90% i would guess, what percent of B K, less than 5% I would guess. We have not seen racing in any of the gameplay shown. 80% is in vehicles, but that is not just racing

JaggedSac said:
I have played the Mario Kart on Wii and the one on SNES and not once during the game was there anything other than racing. I also don't remember any boss fights.

Its Mario Kart DS that has the boss fights.

Around the Network

oh wait, Banjo ISN'T a racer?! No way! I'm not buying this game no more.

I really HOPE Starcraft realizes I wasn't completely BS'ing yesterday....

you see starcraft many people had the same opinion as me.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The_vagabond7 said:
I don't see why their referring to it as a platformer makes it so. This isn't really a case closed thing at all.

Well, all you have to do is try looking at videos of the game in motion. You clearly had no knowledge of RTS games on consoles when you were pulling "facts" out about that before.  Apparently you don't see a lot of things.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

This should be a good game

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

The new Banjo Kazooie looks cool. I played the first two as a kid and loved them