By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation 3 will defeat the Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360!

"Dancing on a land mine?" Chameleon boy, you've officially made my day. I'm loving these figures of speach. They're so random, yet so funny.

Around the Network

Only time will tell. Right now... Favor is to Wii. Xbox360 will hinder PS3 growth. Sony needs to act fast to get it right. If Sony continues its current pace, then the only award I see that the PS3 will win is "Most potential console."

mancandy said:
If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360.

lol, i'm stealing this

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

mancandy said:
If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360.

Just turn the PS3 on, and it'll eventually overheat the Xbox.

mancandy said:

I'd hammer the Playstation 3, using the Wii. Then Wii would win!

By the way, if you dropped the Playstation 3 right on top of the Xbox 360, the Xbox 360 would get crushed, too. The Playstation 3 weighs 4 pounds heavier than the Xbox 360.

Around the Network

At Nintendo's E3 Keynote (2005) Iwata talked about how interactive entertainment represented a universe and that what we considered videogames was simply a planet in that universe. At the time most people assumed that is was simply Nintendo attempting to hype their unconventional games like Brain Training, Nintendogs and Electroplanktin but now I believe that there is more to it.

Most people on this board have a mother who is somewhere between 40 and 60 years old and (likely) have little or no interest in videogames. Many of these women would be interested in an interactive aerobics "game" where the avatar on screen reacts to their intensity; this "game" could have nearly limitless workout combinations, several difficulty levels, and can adapt to the user which makes it far superior to a standard workout. This represents a new planet in the universe of interactive entertainment.

Billions of people are interested in hobbies and activities that have never translated well in videogames before, and many of these hobbies and activities can now be implemented using the Wii. Hypothetically speaking, Nintendo could double or triple the size of the "gaming" market by reaching out to new customers. I don't see how the Wii would not be dominant if Nintendo is moderately successful in expanding the market.

True that. However, people always seem to underestimate the non-gaming audience. Saying that the Wii graphics will be outdated is not reason enough for a non-gamer not to consider a Wii.

But you see this all coming from the same people who said the Wii would fail from the very beginning. Were they right? Not a chance. These were alsj the same people that said DS never stood a chance against the PSP. Once again very wrong. These have been the people that have failed in the past and present and look to the future for hope. I dont care who wrote those articles but those are the kind of people that put the PS3 in high hopes. Failures of the past and present. They are comprised of analysts, journalists, bloggers, even nobodies on forums like us. In no way am I saying the PS3 still cant win. It still could.

But its time to face the facts of reality that is the present. No more bullshit in 2009 all of a sudden PS3 saleswill sky rocket. Im tired of reading worthless bullshit that all of a sudden has Wii and 360 sales declining and PS3 sales all of sudden sky rocketing. People need to take into account whats happening now and what happened then to determine what will happen later. And if history continues to predict the future then its not looking very good for Sony.

But this is what people need to do to make these predictions. And maybe some are and see PS3 barely winning by 2010 but I've yet to see it. I make analysis like this myself and see a brighter future for Sony come 2009 due to lower price and more game. But it'll be a slow increase and if PS3 does somehow take 1st it'll be by a minimal margin. It's time for people to face the facts. The day of the old Playstation brand is over. Sony through that right out when they sacrificed mass market price for power among the console and power to breed a new media player.

Many say that Nintendo left the core gamer to expand the market. But they still as a company provided to the core gamer and expanding. No it is only a sad day when gamers have to pay $600 just to get their favorite console. Nintendo hasnt forgotten gamers. Sony has with the hefty price.

I've stated my peace.

Come on, anyone who thinks the PS3 will not easily defeat the Wii and 360 are kidding themselves - when it comes to Folding@Home, that is.

Hahaha. Good one your mother. Touche.

@Zucas.

Well, you did give hope for the PS3, while still stating your very strong opinions. There are 2 things I can agree with for sure: 

1. Nintendo has not abandoned the core gamer

2. Sony and the Playstation brand have changed from last gen.