By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphic Whores = Men Who Like Women Only For Looks!

Whoa! Where did that rant come from?!
Your analogy is very, very flawed, and you cannot compare people to games in that specific manner.
Does that mean people who own a HD console are all the women-in-every-port kind of person?
In games, better graphics will mean a higher level of tolerance from a lot of gamers, because it becomes easier to overlook some flaws in gameplay. This can hardly be compared to a relationship, where this tolerance for your partners personality flaws should be completely dependant from your partners looks. You don't stick with someone who are beautiful, but an asshole. They can have other compensating factors in their personality, but not in looks.
In a relationship you can "change" your partner (i.e. make them lose weight, quit smoking etc.), things that can work for the better of the realtionship, but you can't change how the game is. My self as an example, I could never ever hook up with a smoker and not try to make her quit smoking, but that doesn't mean that she has a bad personality or that she is beautiful. I can't stop a game from sucking, and if it sucks, I will most likely never touch it again.

Around the Network

@Beja Beja

you pwnd him

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'm more of an ass guy anyway.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

We all know that Ninja Gaiden 2 only looks better than No more heroes...it certainly doesn't run circles around it in gameplay, level design...

Haha, seriously...who is this? someone who posts here regularly but doesn't have the courage to post under his real name?

I hate it when i get accused of being shallow...

What guy in his right mind would walk into a bar and start chatting up the....ugly chicks!? it just doesnt make sense!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I'm not a graphic whore, but I still don't like fat ugly women.

So that means you like men? *If we follow the logic of the OP*

Tease.

colonelstubbs said:

What guy in his right mind would walk into a bar and start chatting up the....ugly chicks!? it just doesnt make sense!!!

Because they have awesome personalities.

In all seriousness, unless you have some common interest be it with a girl with homely or model-like looks, either way you're in for a boring conversation. 

Rule of thumb: if a girl is just enough above average in looks that she doesn't have a complex over appearances to the point where she can't help making catty remarks about other girls, you may have found the balance between looks and personality.  

i like girls with good gameplay

I hate shallow girls. This is more than likely why I have a Wii.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

greenmedic88 said:
colonelstubbs said:

Because they have awesome personalities.

In all seriousness, unless you have some common interest be it with a girl with homely or model-like looks, either way you're in for a boring conversation.

Rule of thumb: if a girl is just enough above average in looks that she doesn't have a complex over appearances to the point where she can't help making catty remarks about other girls, you may have found the balance between looks and personality.

Naturally you must asume that we all have the same kind of SUPER vision you must have, seeing as how you are able to tell a womans personality based on how she looks..

Ugly girls can be bitches too...  

But beauti is relative. It's based on your personal preferences. Someone can think a girl looks really hot while another guy will think the same girls looks ugly.

Check out my game about moles ^