By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so many FANBOYS

that's internet life in forums

Around the Network

The reason is simple. The one console might not get what the other console might get and owners of just one console out of the three get jealous because that console has the exclusive their console does not have...*inhales*....*exhales*

There we go thats my added 2 cents ;)

Total rubbish, it was way worse in the Nintendo vs Sega 16 bit days.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:

Exactly. The reason why? Two strong competitors in the market, thus long discussions on which isthe better/ leading system. After that during PS1-2, it was obvious that the PS was the dominant system. So no discussions needed.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

MaximusOptimus said:
pinback4life said:
it seems to me that this generation of consoles XBOX 360, PS3, Wii have been overwhelmed with fanboys, but what i dont understand is why it has gotten so out of control. Even during the ps3, n64, and xbox were around it never seemed like it was that big of an issue whay the hell and were the hell did all these fanboys come from and why has it spiked this gen so badly

It is a close race now.  PS sold over 100 mil and destroyed the N64 and Saturn.  Not to be out done the PS2 sold over 100 mil and even topped PS number.....GCN, XBOX and Dreamcast were yet again destroyed and had no chance.  This time nintendo is winning in sales so the PS fanboys are mad.  The 360 fanboys are mad since they had a year head start and have as they claim the best library and yet still failed to hold the #1 spot.  The Wii fanboys are mad since third party developers are giving them the finger since the Wii doesn't do HD graphics.  This gen each system has its problems and the Wii will win in the end by not by such a lead as the PS and PS2 and therefore every side will try to claim some sort of winning.  The Sony fanboys will say they have the best console and technically speaking they do.  The 360 fanboys will say but we have the best library which at the moment it seems they do.  And the Wii fanboys willclaim but we sold the most.  Etc....fanboys are stupidbut it i getting bad this time around i agree.

This is the correct answer. This is the first time in over ten years that there's an actual battle for #1. In the past, the Playstation brand was like a young Mike Tyson -Knocking competitors out in round 1! On the plus side, aside from all the worthless fanboyism, the competition has given us: Price cuts Free online (PS3/Wii) Tons of new gamers (thanks to the Wii's approach) An end to the "Hi-Def War": Would Blu-Ray have won without the PS3? More benefits that I'm too lazy to think of....... I love an intense console war. Gamers ALWAYS benefit! ............except that kid I killed back in 1991 for saying Sonic was better than Mario. He didn't benefit. He didn't benefit at all.

Around the Network

I dont see any fanboys.

Except when i look in the mirror of course

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

tmbh said:

The Internet.

There must be dozens, hundreds or even thousands of sites dedicated to particular consoles all blowing their respective trumpet about how great or amazing a particular console is. Forums are everywhere allowing people to express themselves or vent frustrations which fuel others into responding.

The last generation (GC, PS2, XBOX) was the start of it when the Internet exploded and people started to find online communities, which are everywhere now!

Prior to that (N64, PS1, Genesis, Master System etc) there was no way for people to really spa off each other!

Hell even this (fantastic) site fuels all sorts of speculation about future sales trends with its statistics/tools which will naturally attract anyone interested in quoting figures etc.

Fanboyism is here to stay!

Next generation expect stabbings and shootings!

I think events like that have occured? Not sure. I know the other day there was news about how reviewers recieved death threats from people who weren'thappy with scores recieved on things, because people thought the reviewer was biased.

It's all preference gone to far. I can say I prefer the PS3 over the 360,  but some people seem to really really love one console, and just hate another, and take it too far. And for some reason they can't handle people liking other consoles, talking about other consoles, or pointing out flaws in the particular console they like.

As it was said in the post I quoted, it's probably due to communities on the internet. On the internet people can say anything they want and conversations easily turn to arguements, and in real life an arguement can end. You can leave the room or where ever you are and forget about it. But on the internet, your discussion, say in a forum, will always be there for people to read, for different people to attack your opinion on something.

Is that a pic from Dark Knight?

misteromar mk4 said:

This is absolutely 100% true. Nintendo and Sega fans were downright evil to each other. I saw people ready to get in fist fights over their systems. Now it "seems" worse because of internet forums.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

i guess this is what internet forums are like these days, if it continues i might just stop going on sites like this because i can't be bothered with it.