By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSBB best fighter of all time?

Metaknight really isn't that hard to deal with in my exprience. Just nab a charater with the slightest bit of range and you can level the playing field. All your priority means jack if you can't actually get close enough to hit me. Of course I main Ike so it might skew the results a bit.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

This game will be next to Melee. It has not been out long enough to show the legs Melee showed (and on a console that has already been outsold by Wii). This is my total opinion:

As far as 1v1 goes, it is just like Melee when that game first came out. Primitive with a lack of discovered depth to make the game appeal to the harderst of hardcore fighter. In time, this may change, but it also may not and thus be held back by the true lack of true technique.

As far as 2v2, this is the best fighting game ever. There is no doubt that the pace of the game being slower really improves teamwork. It was like, Melee was too fast for 2v2 but excellent for 1v1. This one might be too slow for 1v1 but is basically a dream for 2v2.

And on another note, everyone I have ever known to dislike Subspace Emissary has only played it single player. Since Smash is by nature a multi-player affair, I recommend spending time playing through that game mode with a friend or family member (if you have not already). I complained that the mode was boring alone, but when you throw in the helper, it becomes one of the best things to EVER happen to a fighting game; as far as optional modes go, at least.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

@dp

Meh, I'll still play you. Marth is much easier to play through lag for me than metaknight is. I'll just use marth.

No one cares about 2vs2. 1vs1 is the only thing that matters. Every thing else is just random chaos, which is stupid. I like fighting games, not idiot party games.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

.:Dark Prince:. said:
@Riot

Dunno, it's just what i was told.

I'd love to play you but i'm afraid the lag is gonna be painful since i'm from Europe.

it isnt released yet in europe how did you get it,or do you have that new orgram that lets you play outside games,i think it was called freeloader or somthing like that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@brute

Yep, Freeloader.

Around the Network
.:Dark Prince:. said:
@brute

Yep, Freeloader.

oh ok

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

riot, why are you having problems with combos? I was able to pull off combos just fine with Marth and Kirby, it's just that they're more realistic combos because you are actually using the knockback and following through with further attacks. Continuing that combo is entirely dependent on your ability to land each succeeding hit, and not simply on whether or not the attack follows a predetermined pattern built into the game.
Sorry, but I don't see how combos that are implemented that way can be used to determine the state of being a fighting game or not when the way they're implemented has absolutely no connection to actual fighting.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

there are no combos in this game. Not true combos. You can di/air dodge everything. Landing a few attacks in a row isn't a combo, grey. The person can just dodge it or get out of it. True combos you can land any time and they can not be escaped. This game doesn't have that. Thus, it becomes a camp fest because you can't punish properly. The best you can do is land one attacks after one of theirs lags.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Street Fighter 2 is probably the best.

I've only played five or six matches of brawl, but after the first match of Street Fighter 2 I was floored, and I wasn't with Brawl, so it'd go to that.

Brawl comes in a close fourth though, behind Virtua Fighter 5 and Tekken 2/3.

Its definitely one of the best fighters out there, if not the best.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089