By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whats the hardest game you have ever played?

Probably a toss up between Double Dragons and Battletoads.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

I'm gonna say Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.

ninja gaiden (XBOX) OR FEAR on toughest difficulty on 360

gog85 said:
the original Ninja Gaiden on NES. i can't get past the last level to get to the final bosses. been trying for years.

I second this, that game is incredibly hard.  I doubt anyone ever beat it.

There won't be more than three people in the world left who will have any idea what I'm talking about but at one time text only games were popular. Zork was the first well known one. A company called Infocom specialized in them and they could be tough.

One in particular, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1984, Steve Meretzky & Douglas Adams) had a particular puzzle to get the Babel Fish. That puzzle was so elegant and mutilayered that whether or not you could solve it depending on exactly what objects you had picked up going back to the beginning of the game.

I never found a tougher puzzle in any game since.

Around the Network

Ninja Gaiden on the NES what the hell was Mr Itagaki's mind going through when he made these games?

The Animal Crossing Series.

F Zero GX story mode.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz or Battletoads.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

as i remember ,,it was ninja gaiden on original xbox ,,,,it was not a good/satisfying hard game but it was rather frustrating and unforgiving,,,that game was the only game in my last gen collection, as I remember ,that I didn't finish