By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@starcraft

yes but he seems to like JRPG's.....XBOX was terrible for JRPG's

and most PS2 JRPG's destroy the 360 ones....

also as I said PS2 connected to a HD TV outputs horrible grfx,.....this is known everywhere by now.....its only through the PS3 upscaling that I was able to replay MGS2..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
Blacksaber said:
I would say this go for the 360 now and a get a PS2 after the price cut.

But isn't 360 getting an $100 price cut this fall?

Nothing is comfirmed. But I didn't read you have a wii so now I would say wait till E3.

Former something....

Oh, and Hawkeye, a Warning about Starcraft....

If you came here and said "I want a console, and the only thing it MUST have, is the letters o, s, y, and n in it's name, he would find a way to promote the 360 as a better fit for your needs.

While he as said very little wrong in this thread, take what he says with a grain of salt. He is more interested in pushing the 360 then he is in making sure you have the best platform for your needs.

Not a troll or a slam, just wanted to let you know, so you have that additional information when weighing all the options put forth here.

pushing the PS3 or 360 is something Starcraft and I go back and forth on all the time, doing it when someone is about to drop 500 bucks is a different story all together.

@Hawkeye

yeah in the same way cus the Ps3 upscales them to a higher resolution so they look better than ever before on the HD TV...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

you twist thing well my friend....

In SMG they never even showed those races when previewing the game

in Banjo they make the races VERY clear & they make the Vehicles VERY CLEAR to the viewer

a platformer isn't about flying around on a vehicle....or blowing up blockes with MArio on them

Says who?  You?

Platforming has been the flatest genre ever over recent years.  SMG began to change that, and Banjo continues the change.  Telling people its a racing game is blatantly misleading and you know it.  You collect parts, complete tasks, build things, have flexible options and by all accounts only a few tasks will be racing-based.  Even if it were all racing based, you still need to collect your parts and build up wacky, out of this world designs to win.

The game has platforming instruments all over it. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Well going by your PS2 games list, I would get a PS3. FF, GoW, J&D, R&C etc will all be appearing on the PS3. Also if you got the 80GB, you could play all those PS2 games.

Going by your avatar, I would wait until reviews of Banjo 3 come in. If it turns out to be awesome you might want to pick up a 360 :).

Hope I helped :D

I'm thinking LBP will be better than BK3, but I am sure I will like BK3 much more. Heck, even if its a bad game, I will have fun exploring those big, beautful worlds and enjoying Banjo Kazooie great music and humor...

Hawkeye said:
Blacksaber said:
I would say this go for the 360 now and a get a PS2 after the price cut.

But isn't 360 getting an $100 price cut this fall?

No chance.  A small cut maybe, but if you look at MS's latest quarter, they dont have the margin for a cut that big.  Yes they are starting to introduce cheaper models, but they still dont want to slip back into the red.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
Oh, and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts will be the only platformer out this generation to rival SMG's brilliance.

Ummm no. That would be LittleBigPlanet. Is Banjo even a platformer anymore? Its 80% racing.

Lol.  So established franchise with its original team vs new IP without notable team?

I wasn't doubting whether Banjo will be quality or not. I was doubting whether it was actually a platformer anymore. 80% racing doesn't sound like a platformer. 

As for LittleBigPlanet, the previews from the media are all very positive. They love its style, originality and idea. You cant deny that it has the potential to be up there with SMG can you? 

It seems like you prefer 360 but want to like PS3 more. You should probaly just get a 360, should make you happy and I can see you possible regretting buying a PS3.

Tough decision Hawkeye.

Try to narrow down your list of games to the ones you REALLY think you want.

And we'll help you from there, lol.