By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
darthdevidem01 said:
@Hawkeye

You said you have friends with a 360...go for a sleepover or something

bTW 360's are still breaking down

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28918

I say don't risk it....buy PS3..play Ps2 games all summer...by then LBP will be coming out...n WKS as well.

Plural of "anecdote" = not "data." New 360s no longer have the rampant RRoD problem, but no product has a 0% failure rate.

Also, I must reiterate the same point in every "what console should I buy?" thread: Never buy a console on the promise of future games. You'll most likely be disappointed.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

@Garcian

promise of future games??

If he'll buy a PS3...he'll have brought it near the release of GOTY 08..MGS4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Garcian Smith said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Hawkeye

You said you have friends with a 360...go for a sleepover or something

bTW 360's are still breaking down

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28918

I say don't risk it....buy PS3..play Ps2 games all summer...by then LBP will be coming out...n WKS as well.

Plural of "anecdote" = not "data." New 360s no longer have the rampant RRoD problem, but no product has a 0% failure rate.

Also, I must reiterate the same point in every "what console should I buy?" thread: Never buy a console on the promise of future games. You'll most likely be disappointed.

Well, 360 definatly has more games right now. Taking this fall into account, both have an equal number of games coming out. Reliabilty plus remote play plus blu ray player helps PS3 more than 360's online+freinds have it. On the other hand, I could just get a PS2 and 360 later and ignore the PS3 games (FF13, Disgaea 3, LBP, Rachet and Clank, Uncharted) that are exclusive that I think looks interesting. Both consoles have alot of good games tho- for exmaple both have burnout paradise and Elder Scrolls:Oblivion...

@HawkEye

even though your a Banjo fan...be very skeptical about BK Nuts n bolts....cus it really looks weird

if you like platformers....R & C TOD on PS3 is the best behind SMG.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Garcian

promise of future games??

If he'll buy a PS3...he'll have brought it near the release of GOTY 08..MGS4

Fanboy much? Or have you actually played MGS4 before it's released?

...oh, wait; you're the guy who keeps making all those "OMG THEY RELEASED A NEW SCREENIE OF SNAKE'S SWEET MOUSTACHE GOTY CONFIRMED!!!!!!111111" threads. Nevermind. 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

for now the 360 does have better games,but im not sure if that will continue

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@Garcian Smith

No.....you are being delusional

I am saying this from review scores so far & the feeling that GTA IV is a disappointment to most people

so MGS4 is at the top right now

Tough choice...

I guess rather than just list great exclusives tha are out and are coming out, it'd be better to think of the must-haves their are for each.

As you have already said, you aren't overly keen on shooters, so is online gaming that big a deal?

Also, if you are planning on getting a PS2 regardless, the PS3 option saves you $130 which would put it only a bit more than a 360.

But, in all honesty, I would probably opt for the PS2 only as you have so many PSP (get Jeanne D'Arc), DS and Wii games you already want. The PS2 alone will provide you enough games for the summer. Unless HD gaming/movies are that big a deal (I'm now obsessed with blu-ray), I'd go for the PS2 and get a PS3/360 when they're cheaper.

According to YOU earlier today, "But I would only buy PS3 over 360 this fall if Sony introduces a $299 PS3 with backwards compatibility"

That won't happen. Looks like you made your decision already.

darthdevidem01 said:
@HawkEye

even though your a Banjo fan...be very skeptical about BK Nuts n bolts....cus it really looks weird

if you like platformers....R & C TOD on PS3 is the best behind SMG.

It looks like there are big open worlds to expllore though, which is what I really like about BK. SMG was very good, but too linear for my taste. Very similar to the PSP game Daxter.