By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360: Console Home of RPGs?

darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

its getting something better than "THe power of the moon will rain down" for sure

I think the game looks great.

As for that quote, are you trying to imply there is a JRPG out there that ISN'T nerdy and cliched? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

Summer is a subjective term (it is winter in Australia now isn't it?). Anyway if you mean June - September, there will be Disgaea 3 and Valkryia Chronicles.

Yeah its Winter here, but I've tuned myself so that I think in Northern Hemisphere terms for games.

I'm not interested in VC, and it didnt do well in Japan, so are we sure it will be released here?  Still, Disgaea 3 looks good.

But its up against Tales and IU this summer, so I think the 360 will increase, rather than decrease its lead in the JRPG arena this year.   

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft

Well it was nerdy, cliched & said with Bad VO's....atleast the trailer made me laugh

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Its getting more RPGs but the DS is by far the home to the RPGs (may be a handheld but its still a console)

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

Summer is a subjective term (it is winter in Australia now isn't it?). Anyway if you mean June - September, there will be Disgaea 3 and Valkryia Chronicles.

Yeah its Winter here, but I've tuned myself so that I think in Northern Hemisphere terms for games.

I'm not interested in VC, and it didnt do well in Japan, so are we sure it will be released here?  Still, Disgaea 3 looks good.

But its up against Tales and IU this summer, so I think the 360 will increase, rather than decrease its lead in the JRPG arena this year.   

Not interested in VC? BLASPHEMY!!! lol. You should check out the 'Official VC thread' in the VGC sony forum :) It actually sold pretty well for a SRPG in Japan (outsold Disgaea 3).

I think IU is still 50/50 to whether it will be good or not, but ToV will be good no doubt. It depends whether you prefer SRPG's or traditional RPG's. Most people prefer the latter. 

Around the Network

Oh man, wait a second while I wipe off the bilis and bitterness.

Honestly, I wish the ps3 got at least one jrpg worth playing... that way the rabid fanboys would have something to do rather than going damage-control all over the internet downplaying games on the rival console. 

Darth, the fervor with which you charge against IU is only proof that the fact you can't get that game is eating you from inside. From all the information and trailers we've got so far, IU is promising. In a couple months I will be basking in its cel-shaded glory while you replay Enchanted Arms. And a month or two after IU, it'll be Tales of Vesperia time. 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

IU does not look promising and its not cell-shaded. Only the gameplay looks awesome, but gameplay alone is far from enough.

memory2zack said:
IU does not look promising and its not cell-shaded. Only the gameplay looks awesome, but gameplay alone is far from enough.

Only gameplay looks awesome? In a game? Crap, it sucks they managed to get the important thing done well... now, those texture maps for the ears of the second female lead, that's where it's at.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Like I said, gameplay is not the only thing important in a game and especially in an RPG. By gameplay I meant battle system, which is the RPG´s gameplay most important feature. I couldn´t care less if IU is an evolutionary "situtational RPG" if all the rest is mediocre.

DQVIII is cell-schaded, Rogue Galaxy is cell-shaded, IU is not. See the difference yourself.

And Tri-Ace games usually have fantastic features outside of gameplay so...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.