By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360: Console Home of RPGs?

It boggles the mind how many RPGs Microsoft has landed for the 360, and there is news of possibly more coming:

It's been a while since I've written one of these types of blogs. But yeah, I'm off to Japan for over a week to do that thing I do. What am I going to see? Well, the only thing I can disclose right now is that Microsoft is having a press conference in Shibuya next Tuesday, to show off its line-up of role-playing games. Yeah, on Xbox 360. Go figure. At least two of those will be Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery, but they apparently have some surprises up their sleeve. But that's only on Tuesday. I have meetings from Monday straight through to the following weekend, and those meetings are top-secret. I will say that all of these visits will benefit you, the reader, in both Electronic Gaming Monthly and on 1UP.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8762178&publicUserId=4549175

Who would've thought Microsoft would have the biggest line-up of RPGs on their home console to date? The idea was laughable, especially after last gen. This has to be one of the most interesting and unpredictable generations in recent memory.

So, any thoughts about what Microsoft might show? Star Ocean 4? FFXIII spin off? Let the speculation begin!

Edit: Soriku beat me to it! http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28909

Around the Network

it will be interesting but WKS, and a bunch of other RPGs are coming soon to a PS3 near you.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

waits for ninty boys to mention DS is king of JRPGS, and waits for PS3 boys to mention how they will all bomb....

i'll be surprised if they somehow secure a FF13 spinoff, i think they will announce
star ocean 4, and prob cry on, and maybe even blue dragon 2
I''m glad microsoft is trying to please gamers who like jrpgs like me.

@Ari_Gold

yeah Cry On WILL be there...

oh and DS is the KING of JRPG's....dunno who your trying to fool?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DS IS KING OF RPGS!!!!!!!!!! NO QUESTION!!

ol jk
Anyway, I agree the 360 has a surprising number of JRPGs. All three consoles are so strong this gen, it makes it hard to know what to but XD I think having all those JRPGs helps Microsofts base expand though, and will hopefully give them a foothold in Japan.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Ari_Gold

yeah Cry On WILL be there...

oh and DS is the KING of JRPG's....dunno who your trying to fool?

no one, i just want to avoid reading through the same post over and over again by ninty dudes.

The 360 is the king of RPG's I guess , but appart from Blue Dragon there's no RPG's I really like on the 360 I'm into RPG's like Final Fantasy , Kingdom Hearts infact I only like Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts RPG's.

Million said:
The 360 is the king of RPG's I guess , but appart from Blue Dragon there's no RPG's I really like on the 360 I'm into RPG's like Final Fantasy , Kingdom Hearts infact I only like Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts RPG's.

you should try Eternal Sonata, and Lost Odyssey, both are really underrated. 

360 is the king of console RPGs.

But the fact is, you'd have to be blind to not see that the DS has more RPGs than every other system combined.

Hopefully this year's crop of JRPGs is great. I'm almost done with Blue Dragon, and my girlfriend just started on Lost Odyssey.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

To everyone reiterating that the DS is the RPG king, read the title again. It clearly says "CONSOLE king of RPGs'

OT: I agree that the 360 has the most RPGs, but to me it doesn't look like there will be an undisputed king like there was last generation. I mean, just off the top of my non-rpg-informed head:

360:
Mass Effect
Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon
Lost Oddysey
Oblivion
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Versperia
FFXI

PS3:
FFXIII
FF Vs. XIII
FF Haraesis XIII
White Knight Story
Genji
Oblivion
Disgaea 3
(I know there are more whose names I don't know)

Wii:
Tales of Symphonia 2
Fire Emblem
Monster Hunter 3
(Also many more that I don't know)

So RPG lovers should be happy with any console this generation.

Though I would laugh my ass off if Kingdom Hearts 3 went to the 360 (still buy it, though)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."