By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft unveiling new 360 RPGs next week in Japan

@soriku

1. Sales then?? FF10 sold 8 million

2. Well I FF13 has that Ponytail girl as well....

3. We'll see...why not a Bahamut car or cycle??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
When discussing the 360 and PS3 for this genre, it's basically "every small or medium sized RPG in existance vs. FF XIII." For a lot of people, they'd pick FFXIII.

Yes because most people would have rather not been playing RPG's for 2+ years LOL.  We get it FF was a critical success but for most rpgs fans there where alot of rpgs on the snes and even playstation 1 and 2 that where as fun or offered something different then FF.  You keep on waiting for FF while the rest of us actually play games :)

Wow guys,both of you get tramp in a personal RPGs discussion,anyway,it seems that the 360 is FOR NOW (but only now) the RPG's system of choice,but I trust that the PS3 and the Wii will follow and surpass that in two years at most,my PS3 needs some RPG love :=(

@elnino334

yeah I've pre-ordered MGS4....can't wait to play an actual game next week..hahahaha

@soriku

We'll continue this some other time....I'm sleepy

elnino334 said:
Bodhesatva said:
When discussing the 360 and PS3 for this genre, it's basically "every small or medium sized RPG in existance vs. FF XIII." For a lot of people, they'd pick FFXIII.

Yes because most people would have rather not been playing RPG's for 2+ years LOL. We get it FF was a critical success but for most rpgs fans there where alot of rpgs on the snes and even playstation 1 and 2 that where as fun or offered something different then FF. You keep on waiting for FF while the rest of us actually play games :)

YOU FAIL pal,let me tell you something,as an avid RPG lover I replay always the best ones that I liked,I'm replaying right now Final Fantasy 6 and getting a perfect game (all hunts,weapons,items...)in Final Fantasy XII,your whole argument about waiting for play something until FFXIII arrives BREAKS completely with any Final Fantasy game.

Just accept that some franchises let you replay them forever man,and believe it or not,replaying the great,old ones,gives you the chill and the euphoria to wait for the new upcoming one (FFXIII in this chase),making the wait worthwhile.

Around the Network

To all those who say that LO is the only good JRPG on the 360 right now, I give you: Eternal Sonata. Easily better than LO, and it's a much more polished and relatively new experience (especially for those of you who believe that the JRPG world is only FF, DQ and Star Ocean).

There are a lot of terrible movies that are box office hits, but it doesn't make them any less terrible.

Square Enix hasn't released a good final fantasy game since the PS1 days. FFX may have sold 8 million, but it was a poorly made POS targeted at the 13 and under age bracket. What has happened to the Square that made FF4, 6, 9, Xenogears, and Tactics?

The trailer for infinite undiscovery looks like it will be as terrible as X was. The power of the moon will rain down? Shoot me now.

Would much rather see some new IPs announced for 360 then get a port of XIII.

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

sorry....but FF has been my favorite game ever since it was my 2nd game on SNES...that aint gonna change

BTW why have you put VErsus XIII above actual XIII.....since when are spin-offs better than the actual thing

@BOd

exactly...for many of us...the next big RPG is always whenever the next Final Fantasy's gonna come out..

Reasons why Versus > FF XIII

-KH team > FF X team
-Action RPG (similar to KH's battle system) > FF XII battle system
-NO SHIVA THE MOTORCYCLE
-Main character raped those soldiers in Versus better than Lightning raped the soldiers in FF XIII
-Nomura director ZOMG

And...uh...that's it :)

I politely disagree on the two bolded parts and especially with the first one. KH was a great game but I found myself struggling to care playing the sequel. FFX on the other hand was a classic that I regard as high (although not quite as high) in the ranks of IV and VI.

Anyhow, this is great news for 360 owners, although it is a shame not many of them will necessarily be rejoicing after hearing this news. Yes, I know, I am bitter that I don't have just one console that I could play all my rpgs on as I could generations before ( NES, SNES, PS1, PS2). Now, it's so damned expensive to be able to play all the good rpgs. IU will be the final straw for me, if it turns out to be good, I'm buying a 360.

MS not giving up on Japan confirmed.

@sansui

complete BS..

only you "power of the moon" thing was funny