By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 PS3 80GB Bundle SELLS OUT @ Gamestop!!

d21lewis said:
Aj_habfan said:
Million said:
oddly enough i've seen Haze commercials but not one MGS4 commercial , word of mouth is just as important though i've heard alot of excitement about MGS4.

If there are commercials, they will be after the game is released. I think Sony likes the idea of people seeing it on TV then being able to go out and buy it right away.

There are MGS4 commercials out NOW. Just watch pro wrestling. Video game commercials are always shown during WWE programming. It's the #1 show on cable, and fits the demographic perfectly. I saw the commercial last night, and it was pretty cool!

I just saw one.  Though it wasn't as massive as the Haze advertising.

Free radical probably got a better exclusivity deal, as Haze went exlcuisve after it was apparent PS3 was in a bit of trouble.  Not before like MGS4. 

Around the Network

I've actually started seeing some MGS4 advertisements pop-up, not including the ones shown during the MTV Movie Awards.

I saw one of the shortened "Courage is Solid" trailers on TBS last night, and one on Comedy Central earlier that day. Hopefully they'll gradually increase as launch approaches, but I'm glad the whole "NO TVz ADVERTS!1!!one!!" rumor isn't true.

June 12th is taking too long to arrive...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Quickdraw McGraw said:
I've actually started seeing some MGS4 advertisements pop-up, not including the ones shown during the MTV Movie Awards.

I saw one of the shortened "Courage is Solid" trailers on TBS last night, and one on Comedy Central earlier that day. Hopefully they'll gradually increase as launch approaches, but I'm glad the whole "NO TVz ADVERTS!1!!one!!" rumor isn't true.

Yeah... i just saw 3 more... in the last... 2 hours or so.

So they're advertising nicely.  Not to mention that usually they wait till after the game is realeased to hit with the big marketing campaign. 

I wouldn't worry about the advertising. It'll get a bit more than most games, but the issue is that we're all remembering the crazy Halo 3 advertising and I doubt anything is going to get that level again for a long time. 'least I hope so.

Glad to hear that there are a decent number of ads, hopefully I'll catch one.