By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 PS3 80GB Bundle SELLS OUT @ Gamestop!!

i hope this game i selling as well as what people are saying.

Around the Network

BC is pretty important

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I dont think hardly anyone got it because of BC. They got it because of Metal Gear. All the hardcore people that wanted BC got it before they sold out. Also for the average person they wouldnt even know if it had backwords capability's.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

darthdevidem01 said:
@Machina_AX

see what??

FishyJoe makes thread about Mario Kart Wii being sold out....WOW everyone praise Mario Kart Wii despite it being mediocre (critics)

n I make one for MGS4 being sold out only to get crucified!

To be fair, you have made 2...

I also do think that FishyJoe is right in that it could be more the way you say it rather than that you're saying it in general.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Million said:
oddly enough i've seen Haze commercials but not one MGS4 commercial , word of mouth is just as important though i've heard alot of excitement about MGS4.

If there are commercials, they will be after the game is released. I think Sony likes the idea of people seeing it on TV then being able to go out and buy it right away.

Around the Network

here darthdevidem01 I agree with u, people are just nit picking ur thread, I expect MGS4 to sell 1,000,000 first week, Whats your PSN

roadkillers said:
I dont think hardly anyone got it because of BC. They got it because of Metal Gear. All the hardcore people that wanted BC got it before they sold out. Also for the average person they wouldnt even know if it had backwords capability's.

I agree with you one point one. But disagree on point 2.

I believe the 80 gig will sell to casuals do to BC as the bundle stays around.

I saw more then one person decide against the PS3 after finding out the 40 has no BC. Casuals are going to have games from the PS2 they want to play just like the hardcore... and they aren't going to care enough to switch consoles.

Aj_habfan said:
Million said:
oddly enough i've seen Haze commercials but not one MGS4 commercial , word of mouth is just as important though i've heard alot of excitement about MGS4.

If there are commercials, they will be after the game is released. I think Sony likes the idea of people seeing it on TV then being able to go out and buy it right away.

There are MGS4 commercials out NOW. Just watch pro wrestling. Video game commercials are always shown during WWE programming. It's the #1 show on cable, and fits the demographic perfectly. I saw the commercial last night, and it was pretty cool!

DMeisterJ said:
@ d21

Editing ur 1st post doesn't count.

WHA!? I certainly have no idea what you mean, good sir.

brute said:
BC is pretty important

I hope Sony notices that,,,,,casue most of this is not due to MGS,,,but rather re-itroduction of 80GB(BC)to North America after 4-5 months