By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What first party games can Nintendo still release/make for Wii?

Might not be a full first party game but I would like another Super Mario RPG from Nintendo/SE with turn based combat.

*Drools*

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I think because Nintendo are dominating so very much, they will take risks and release alot more big budget new IP. They can take more risk and not just play it safe by putting all their eggs in mario, zelda, metroid baskets.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

The games I most look forward to are Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Zelda and Wii Sports 2. Balance board compatibility is a must.

No love for Eternal Darkness?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

Does nintendo own the Ip or silicon knights?

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I am almost 100% sure Nintendo owns the IP and the Sanity system patents.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Well I know Nintendo owns the rights to the original.

Oh ok, then nintendo owns it. A sequel sounds nice. The wii might be a good console for horror games if that comes out , and fatal frame IV is good. A resident evil game made for the wii would be nice too.

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Well I know Nintendo owns the rights to the original.

Oh ok, then nintendo owns it. A sequel sounds nice. The wii might be a good console for horror games if that comes out , and fatal frame IV is good. 

I edited my post. They not only own the IP but the Sanity system patents as well.

Only problem however is that both Eternal Darkness and MGS: TS sold poorly on the cube, pretty much ending their partnership. SK is also very busy on games for other consoles so even if it did happen it would be a long time from now. :(

Currently playing:

Well in a day and age when Nintendo seems to be extremely interested in rebuilding long lost franchises two of Nintendo's more successful NES/SNES days. Ice Climbers I have played the origional and no its not the greatest game when played now a days. However it does hold alot of promise. How about a new platformer where the Climbers have to scale mountains, using the Wiimotes for climbing the walls. It would be very interesting to see a new 3D version of the game come into fruitation. StarTropic's Another franchise that was fairly successful in the early days Star Tropics could also be made into a Wii game. Now again the game isn't that great when played today from scratch. However a DS version or Wii version would be fairly interested. Two perfectly usable franchises, both old school that could be easily adapted to the modern industry!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:
Well in a day and age when Nintendo seems to be extremely interested in rebuilding long lost franchises two of Nintendo's more successful NES/SNES days. Ice Climbers I have played the origional and no its not the greatest game when played now a days. However it does hold alot of promise. How about a new platformer where the Climbers have to scale mountains, using the Wiimotes for climbing the walls. It would be very interesting to see a new 3D version of the game come into fruitation. StarTropic's Another franchise that was fairly successful in the early days Star Tropics could also be made into a Wii game. Now again the game isn't that great when played today from scratch. However a DS version or Wii version would be fairly interested. Two perfectly usable franchises, both old school that could be easily adapted to the modern industry!

Good call on Ice Climbers. They have been in Smash Bros. so it would be nice to give them a game on the Wii.

Currently playing: