By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else disappointed by Metroid Prime 3?

mariozeldametroid said:
I was disappointed. I didn't like the travelling between worlds, I felt much better in one big world. By doing this back-tracking was killed, and having multiple landing zones for your ship even mad it worse. I loved backtracking in the first two Primes.
Metroid Prime 3 was so linear compared to the first two games.

This is pretty much how I feel.  Though I've actually only played 4 hours of the game.  I'm on the boss for the first seed thing and I just don't care enough to beat it.  I just don't feel it with this one.

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
sc94597 said:
rudyrsr8 said:
Well it is an action FPS adventure game and many people dont like that even though its more interesting to me but what ever i digress.

NO it's and a First Person Adventure game where her weapons happen to be beams and missiles.

I refer this one as an action one since least IMO there was more battling than in the other Primes. 

There is still more adventure than action Now all I need is a 2d metroid and I willl be happy. 

sc94597 said:
supermario128 said:
Still haven't played it, waiting for a price drop to buy it.

That won't happen until sales start to slow down. It's still having consistent sales.

Ya, I know,  I don't care how long I have to wait as long as its cheaper.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
sc94597 said:
supermario128 said:
Still haven't played it, waiting for a price drop to buy it.

That won't happen until sales start to slow down. It's still having consistent sales.

Ya, I know, I don't care how long I have to wait as long as its cheaper.

http://catalog.ebay.com/Metroid-Prime-3-Corruption_UPC_045496900052_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_fifptsZ1QQ_pidZ53683470QQ_tabZ2

Do it! 

naznatips said:

I never even noticed the power cell fetch quest because I always collect everything anyway lol. Probably not as good for casual players though I'm sure.

Exactly. Energy Cells... How come some of you guys have trouble collecting them? You can easily find pretty much all of them in one shot during the main quest, I even had too much in the end (but they were neccessary for the last upgrades anyway). You know that there is a place in Elysia that reveals every single items you can get in the game (excluding the Valhalla)? I just don't get it... Some reviewers even used them for an excuse to reduce the score. :/

I thought the Energy Cells were a great idea compared to the Sky Temple Keys (can't really complain about the Chozo Artifacts because they're just too obvious to find). Besides, it's just fun taking them out of their initial spot and/or inserting them somewhere else. *twist* *push* *twist* *pull*...
But yeah, enough about that! =P

I honestly can't find anything bad about the game. I'm one of those people that just enjoy the fact that we at least HAVE another Metroid game. Going through new horizons in the series isn't going to hurt anyone either, especially since Metroid changed so much lately. Honestly, I liked those new little things like Samus getting more involved with the Galactic Federation, new weapons, etc. It makes the game "original" compared to the other two in the Prime series. No Wave Beam? So what? More linear? Not really?

Oh well, I just can't complain about something I couldn't do better. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is there with all its might, just enjoy the game for what it has to offer. That's my opinion though. ^_~

*EDIT: Did anyone else notice that the cells are all named after Nintendo consoles? Here’s a list of their IDs and apparent namesakes:

VB-3491Q-1 - Virtual Boy
GA-7485W-2 - Game & Watch
WI-7823I-3 - Wii
DS-5310L-4 - DS/Lite
GC-9713N-5 - GameCube
NE-1202S-6 - Nintendo Entertainment System
SN-3871S-7 - Super Nintendo Entertainment System
GB-4913A-8 - Game Boy Advance
GB-6187C-9 - Game Boy Color

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Easily my favorite of the 3 Metroid Primes (mostly cause of the controls). The first hour or 2 of the game sucked cause it was too FPS focused, but after that it was great. Especially the puzzles.

It wasn't more linear than the other Metroid Primes. They were all linear. You just didn't notice. If only one door in the room of 6 doors is unlocked you only have one direction you can go. Just because there are multiple doors doesn't make it non-linear when none of them are available till the game wants you to be able to use them.

I never even noticed the power cell fetch quest because I always collect everything anyway lol. Probably not as good for casual players though I'm sure.

I have only play MP1 so I know nothing about MP2 and 3, but I agree that MP1 isn't exactly "open." Personally, I don't really why people criticised games for being linear, though. I actually like linear games just so I know where it ends or where to go. =/ Being lost on the map not knowing where to go isn't exactly a fun feeling...

But how are you able to "collect everything" anyway. I find that I often just miss some stuffs, and it doesn't sound like you use walkthroughs either.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

@SHMUP

Heh, never noticed that before. Nice find.

My only complaint with the Energy Cells is that you don't know you need them until the final moments of the game, and this comes right after your epic battle with Ridley (and the incredible sequences that come before that). It just seemed that going off to search for the Power Cells broke the continuing climatic actions taking place in the game.

Still, only a small complaint in the grand scheme of things.

it was very good game i liked the controls the graphics are one of the best on wii, it was too short though but all metroid games are short if you know what you are doing

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I actualy found most of the energy cells during the game so the search for them at the end wasn't so tedious. It was more fun the second time though, the game is much better on veteran. I'd say it's my second favourite Wii game, next to mario galaxy.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

tiachopvutru said:
naznatips said:
Easily my favorite of the 3 Metroid Primes (mostly cause of the controls). The first hour or 2 of the game sucked cause it was too FPS focused, but after that it was great. Especially the puzzles.

It wasn't more linear than the other Metroid Primes. They were all linear. You just didn't notice. If only one door in the room of 6 doors is unlocked you only have one direction you can go. Just because there are multiple doors doesn't make it non-linear when none of them are available till the game wants you to be able to use them.

I have only play MP1 so I know nothing about MP2 and 3, but I agree that MP1 isn't exactly "open." Personally, I don't really why people criticised games for being linear, though. I actually like linear games just so I know where it ends or where to go. =/ Being lost on the map not knowing where to go isn't exactly a fun feeling...

But how are you able to "collect everything" anyway. I find that I often just miss some stuffs, and it doesn't sound like you use walkthroughs either.

I search every corner of every room I ever enter.  Sure, I don't get everything but I get nearly everything, and once I found the satellites that show you the general locations I immediately went back to look for anything I missed.

I don't think I've ever used a walkthrough on any game.  Certainly not an Adventure or an RPG.  Although I do buy Pokemon guides for collection purposes.  Yeah, I'm a nerd for Pokemon.

Edit: It helps that I've played every Zelda and Metroid game ever made and have a good idea of what to look for when solving puzzles.