By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In hindsight: Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy?

Galaxy is better.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

Galaxy is my favourite.

Mario 64 hasn't aged at all its still just as fun as it was back when I got it. Lets wait 10 years and see if people still enjoy Galaxy.

SMG simply was a blast to play and an amazing experience.

However,it really comes down to which game gave the best feeling when played for the 1st time,SM64 did a great job and succeeded in that even though it was actually not my 1st 3D game.Galaxy was not able to recreate the same feeling so I vote for SM64.

Wow: SM64 wowed me more the first time i played it.. because i wasn't prepared for the pure awesomeness i was going to experience once i got the game, unlike SMG which wowed me the first time i saw it shown at E3 2006, and while still "wow" the first time i played, not as much as sm64

Fun: SMG has been more fun than my memory of when i originally got SM64.. however, i still have lots of fun going back to play sm64, so i can't say which would be more lasting fun until a few more years pass

Around the Network

SM64. It was very open and non-linear.

SMG was basically a straight line. It reminded me of SMB3. But it isn't supposed to. SMB3 is not a collecting game while SMG is. You are supposed to have open worlds to collect everything.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

i would go with galaxy

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

although i liked 64, i love Galaxy, it's my second favorite Mario game ever just behind Super Mario 3, Galaxy totally reaks of awesomeness!

I was never wowed so much by Super Mario 64, and I still think Banjo-Kazooie is the better game. But Super Mario Galaxy immersed me, and I think it can compete with the other two best platformers in history(Super Mario World and Banjo-Kazooie).

I would rate SMG a step above SM2 which wasn't even a real mario game. Anyway between the two 64 kicks galaxy's ass. World knocks both of them out of the park though.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title