By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In hindsight: Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy?

So now that the dust has settled on Galaxy, and the experience is all but over, which game wowed you the most, or which was funner? For my poll, which one was better overall?

For me, i think its SM64, just because it all seemed just so amazing when i first played it.

EDIT* (will update this later if this thread is still alive when i get back on)

Super Mario 64: 30 votes

Super Mario Galaxy: 22 votes

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

Super Mario 64 without a doubt; more revolution, more fun and just an overall better experience for its time!

Mario galaxy, when I first entered the good egg galaxy and got a few stars, i was wowedd... but playing mario 64, all this time later, it still is an amazing classic, I always go back just to better my time on 'princess peachs secret slide'

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I would have bought a Wii day one (like I bought the N64) if it launched with a game like Super Mario 64, with all new equal fun levels and gameplay (of course preferably with improved graphics).

I haven't played Galaxy much though, IMO much better than Sunshine yet not a SM64 beater by far.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

SM64 still stands as a classic, redefining videogames. It was several years ahead of the competition and would still be a good game if it was released today (with better graphics of course). SMG was an extraordinary experience, but can't compete with its true predecessor's fantastic level design, innovation and replay value.

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

Definitely Mario 64. Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, but Mario 64 was lightyears ahead of it.

SM 64 easily. Monkeys taking your hat, what can beat that.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I dunno, I think I prefer Galaxy for some reason, but I bet it is because I played Mario 64 a long time after it came out because I was a ps1 kid.

SM64 "wowed" me more, and was very fun to explore and jump around.

SMG was more fun, overall, but didn't offer as many fun level to just jump around in. I always feel like the levels are more restrictive.

It's a hard choice. I'll go with 64 so I don't get attacked.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Ishy said:
Mario galaxy, when I first entered the good egg galaxy and got a few stars, i was wowedd... but playing mario 64, all this time later, it still is an amazing classic, I always go back just to better my time on 'princess peachs secret slide'

So hang on... which one do you think was better?

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)