By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best games last gens?

What in your opinion are the best games from the last console gens?
I'm going by the ones I actually played on, and games I've played.

NES/Master System (3rd gen): Super Mario Bros. /  Metroid

SNES/Mega Drive (4th gen): The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past  /  Donkey Kong Country 2  /  Chrono Trigger

N64/Saturn/PS1 (5th gen): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time  /  Resident Evil 3  /  Super Mario 64  /  GoldenEye 007

GC/Dreamcast/PS2/XBox (6th gen): Super Smash Bros. Melee /  Resident Evil 4  /  Shenmue  /  The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Wii/PS3/Xbox360 (7th gen): Super Mario Galaxy  /  Super Smash Bros. Brawl  /  Metroid Prime 3  /  Bioshock 

Wow editing glitch. My comment just disappeared.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Your lists are lacking, but the games you listed are bonafide classics.

trestres said:

What's in your opinion are the best games from the last console gens?

NES/Master System (3rd gen): Super Mario Bros. 3  /  Metroid

SNES/Mega Drive (4th gen): The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past  /  Donkey Kong Country 2  /  Chrono Trigger / Super Mario World

N64/Saturn/PS1 (5th gen): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time  /  Resident Evil 3  /  Super Mario 64  /  GoldenEye 007

GC/Dreamcast/PS2/XBox (6th gen): Super Smash Bros. Melee /  Resident Evil 4  /  Shenmue  /  The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Wii/PS3/Xbox360 (7th gen): Super Mario Galaxy  /  Super Smash Bros. Brawl  /  Metroid Prime 3  /  Bioshock 

Fixed

MANUELF said:
trestres said:

SNES/Mega Drive (4th gen): The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past  /  Donkey Kong Country 2  /  Chrono Trigger / Super Mario World / Earthbound

N64/Saturn/PS1 (5th gen): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time  /  Resident Evil 3  /  Super Mario 64  /  GoldenEye 007 /

GC/Dreamcast/PS2/XBox (6th gen): Super Smash Bros. Melee /  Resident Evil 4  /  Shenmue  /  The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker / Pikmin/Pikmin 2

Fixed

double fixed :3 I'm sure there's more. But I didn't wanna take forever.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Tokoro said:
MANUELF said:
trestres said:

SNES/Mega Drive (4th gen): The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past  /  Donkey Kong Country 2  /  Chrono Trigger / Super Mario World / Earthbound / Mario paint

N64/Saturn/PS1 (5th gen): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time  /  Resident Evil 3  /  Super Mario 64  /  GoldenEye 007 /Banjo Kazzoie

GC/Dreamcast/PS2/XBox (6th gen): Super Smash Bros. Melee /  Resident Evil 4  /  Shenmue  /  The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker / Pikmin/Pikmin 2 / Animal crossing

Wii/PS3/Xbox360 (7th gen): Super Mario Galaxy  /  Super Smash Bros. Brawl  /  Metroid Prime 3  /  Bioshock /

Fixed

Triple fixed

Around the Network

these are my favorite games from all the generations, probably forgot few

NES/Master System (3rd gen): Super Mario Bros and contra

SNES/Mega Drive (4th gen) super mario world, street fighter 2, super medroid, sonic the hedgehog 2

N64/Saturn/PS1 (5th gen): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil 2 Super Mario 64, GoldenEye 007, final fantasy 7, tekken 2&3, turok 1&2,

GC/Dreamcast/PS2/XBox (6th gen): Resident Evil 4, Shenmue 1&2 The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, skies of arcadia, okami, shadow of the colossi

this gen is not finished yet so i am not gonna write anything dowh but so far smg and cod4 are shoe in for me 

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Oh yes! Those are all valid fixes, I didnt want to make my lists too long thanks xD btw I played all of those except for Earthbound. I gotta try it.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

pichu_pichu said:
Tokoro said:
MANUELF said:
trestres said:

What's in your opinion are the best games from the last console gens?

NES/Master System (3rd gen): Super Mario Bros. 3 / Metroid

SNES/Mega Drive (4th gen): The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past / Donkey Kong Country 2 / Chrono Trigger / Super Mario World / Earthbound / Mario paint / Sonic the Hedgehog 2 / Sonic & Knuckles

N64/Saturn/PS1 (5th gen): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Resident Evil 3 / Super Mario 64 / GoldenEye 007 /Banjo Kazooie / Conker's Bad Fur Day

GC/Dreamcast/PS2/XBox (6th gen): Super Smash Bros. Melee / Resident Evil 4 / Shenmue / The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker / Pikmin/Pikmin 2 / Animal Crossing

Wii/PS3/Xbox360 (7th gen): Super Mario Galaxy / Super Smash Bros. Brawl / Metroid Prime 3 / Bioshock / 

Fixed

Triple fixed

Quadruple fixed.

Seriously guys, where's the Mega Drive/Genesis love? 

this should be in nintendo section as you are all nintendo fans and those games are "the best"games for Nintendo fans .
if you want it to be multi-consoles then you are missing lots of titles:

god of war,god of war II,ninja gaiden,prince of Persia:sands of time,grand theft auto:san Andreas,ratchet,jak and daxter,shadow of the colossus,Halo......

SpartanFX: Read the OP before making a troll statement, I clearly said IN YOUR OPINION.

Sorry if it bother's you, but it looks like people have preferences and different tastes than you do.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies