By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does smg beat every last gen game in graphics?

yes, I do think it looks better than N64 games, ZING!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Yes, no mistery. Wii is more powerful than Xbox, so expect better looking games than last gen.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

sc94597 said:

Even if we go by technical it pulls pass all of those games.

yes it does,but i was reffering to its artistic that absolutely cant be touched by last gen games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

sc94597 said:
Dno said:
no way. doom 3 on xbox, riddick, halo 2, God of war, Half life 2 was on xbox, and thats to name a few... mario was not that awesome of a grapical leap...... sorry but its true... its a small tree of a leap from sunshine. it added a few more details. Riddick and doom now thats graphics i wonna see the wii pull off.....
Lol, show me some shaders, textures, and lighting comparable to that of SMG. The only thing the original xbox probably has even close to the wii is polygon count, and the WIi pulled off about the same amount of polygons in smg which ran at 60fps, as you would see in a xbox game running at 30fps. Do you even have the game to know how much better it looks than sunshine?

you put up a video of Half-life 2 and SMG and anyone says just by looking that SMG is better ill never play another game again.

thats just silly.... no matter the frame rate ... Half life.... still....looked..... better..... and it was not made in 2007 rather 2003 or 4

what's smg?

Around the Network
Dno said:
sc94597 said:
Dno said:
no way. doom 3 on xbox, riddick, halo 2, God of war, Half life 2 was on xbox, and thats to name a few... mario was not that awesome of a grapical leap...... sorry but its true... its a small tree of a leap from sunshine. it added a few more details. Riddick and doom now thats graphics i wonna see the wii pull off.....
Lol, show me some shaders, textures, and lighting comparable to that of SMG. The only thing the original xbox probably has even close to the wii is polygon count, and the WIi pulled off about the same amount of polygons in smg which ran at 60fps, as you would see in a xbox game running at 30fps. Do you even have the game to know how much better it looks than sunshine?

you put up a video of Half-life 2 and SMG and anyone says just by looking that SMG is better ill never play another game again.

thats just silly.... no matter the frame rate ... Half life.... still....looked..... better..... and it was not made in 2007 rather 2003 or 4

half life 2 on pc might look better but not on xbox

jerseyboy609 said:
what's smg?

that would be super mario galaxy

brute said:
Dno said:

sorry but the artistic design in galaxy pulls it infront of those you mentioned,i think games shouldnt only be technical but also artistic

in that case the wind waker is your most graphical game...... gimme a break i cant belive SMG looks better then half-life and doom 3 im so amazed right now.........

Jere are examples of SMG..

Shows alot of detail in textures, and shaders.ALso a high polygon count.

Some really nice fur shaders, and lighting. Not to mention a high polygon count.

Amazing lighting, and the animations are amazing if you see this in motion. The particle effects are good too. 

The only game that I would compare to Super Mario Galaxy is Conker: Live and Reloaded. And even though Conker looks fantastic, I believe that Galaxy looks even better.

There is no doubt that Super Mario Galaxy is a beautiful, beautiful (beautiful) game.