By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does smg beat every last gen game in graphics?

^yeah SMG does have those better

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Dno said:
yup ur pics look a little more hi res sorry dont see it......

how could they look more high res

trestres said:
@TRM: I didn't read the part of you admitting it wasnt close to a cartoon, I posted before that post of yours, so sorry haha.

Paper Mario DOES look like a cartoon though.

I never said it wasn't close to a cartoon, I just said I was wrong in it's technical delivery. It's far more technical then I remembered it being.

When I play a game, I am one who tries to get "into" the game. It's why I am a huge RPG fan. To use the Riddick game for example, if I were to play that, I would imagine I was playing a human running through a dingy light, dusty and dirty world. My mind would think of a real life character. The game's art direction is trying to lead you there (we can debate over it's sucess however).

SMG's art direction never tries to mimic real life. The closest my mind can get to, is being in a Smerf cartoon. You play a short little colorful guy that say's "yipee!" in a girls voice, and bops around like a kid. You have music in the background that's very similar to what you would find in a cartoon.

Sorry, this looks like a very well made cartoon image to me.

It's just personal preference, and why the last Nintendo console I owned before the Wii was a SNES.

Here is the best ninja gaiden pic I found.
See More Ninja Gaiden Black Various at IGN.com
The character models are nice, but the textures and shaders look poor. Everything else looks like the usual xbox game.

Dno said:
I thought ninja gaiden ran in 720P? Am I wrong?

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Dno said:
I thought ninja gaiden ran in 720P? Am I wrong?

no i think it runs 720p

Wow, I can't believe people are trying to compare SMG to old last gen games in graphics, SMG is light years ahead of the original Xbox, I think it's safe to say that the best game graphics wise on the Wii is better then the worst graphic games on the 360.

I bet if SMG was on the 360 it would still get an okay grade in the graphics department.

ArtofAngels said:
Wow, I can't believe people are trying to compare SMG to old last gen games in graphics, SMG is light years ahead of the original Xbox, I think it's safe to say that the best game graphics wise on the Wii is better then the worst graphic games on the 360.

I bet if SMG was on the 360 it would still get an okay grade in the graphics department.

i know i also think it would look good compared to some 360 games

http://images.nintendolife.com/articles/2006/06/08/super_mario_galaxy_footage/attachment/large.jpg

i love how u send me pics of games i sent u ge all your pics from IGN??? THEY ARE ALL UPSCALED AND HI RES.... i cant beleive i diodnt catch that here is what mario looks to all of us at home...

a little different huh? anyone think black, and ninja gaiden look good now?

wii is last gen.

^that pic is very low res